Chapter 2- Swearing In

Dante Jr POV

Enzo, Stefan, and I arrive by limo to the party around 9PM. I know my mother is going to kill me for not only not wearing a tux, but my suit that lacks a tie and my casual unbuttoned shirt. Hey, it's about to be my mafia, so I'll wear what I want. 

Tonight, my father officially hands over the mafia to me

Tonight, my father officially hands over the mafia to me. Then I will name Enzo as my right hand man, and Stefan as my left hand. 

Stefan will be my underboss, my voice of reason, my advisor. Enzo will be the one that's job is to completely protect me at all cost, to make sure my orders are carried out, and to be in charge of the foot soldiers.

I stroll into the party and am instantly swarmed by desperate girls, trying to tame me, get my money, and/or get my attention. Enzo and Stefan love the attention, but my mind is elsewhere. I look around the party for the cafe girl.

"Move, now!" My mother pushes the girls out of the way. My mother was a legendary Queen, and to be honest, a total fucking bad ass. She can out shoot any of the men, she never backs down from a challenge, and she rules strictly but fairly along side my father. I've heard stories of the days she used to torture some of the traitors and I don't know who sounds more scary, her, my father, or uncle Vito. My money is on my mother. She's sweet and bubbly, but ruthless with those who hurt her or her loved ones, and I think those people are the scariest when they get angry.

"Ugh, tramps. You need to stop sleeping around and find a good one, son. I can't stand these sluts all the time." Mom rolls her eyes, just the fact she said slut makes me laugh. 

"Well, I did invite someone special tonight, but I don't see her yet."

"Oh yeah, you should've seen him Aunt Luna, he was drooling over her," Stefan cuts in. 

I punch him in the arm, hard.

"Ow dude! I was just saying!" Stefan rubs his arm.

"Well Jr, I'll let you get back to your friends and fangirls...but I just wanted to say how proud I am of you, and your father and I know you'll do an amazing job. We are here behind you every step of the way. Happy birthday and I love you," My mom pulls me into a hug.

"I know you guys are here for me, I love you too." 

Enzo scoffs at me, I've always been a momma's boy. 

Just as she walks away, the atmosphere changes, and I can tell she's arrived. 'My cafe girl, she came.'

I push two desperate girls off of me, "excuse me ladies."

Before she has a chance to see me, I take a few moments to look her over. She's wearing a dark, vampy, red silk gown, hair hair cascading down her back, and her dark lips look amazing on her tan skin.