Chapter 8- The Crush and The Secret Girlfriend

Caterina POV

I always come down to the shooting range to blow off some steam. There's nothing I want more than to rule the mafia, but I know I never will. I train harder than my brothers, I practice more than they do, I take it more seriously than they do.

"Something on your mind?" 

I whip around at the sound of Lorenzo's voice. 

'Ugh, that face. He's so cute.'

I've had a crush on Lorenzo for the longest time. I know it'll never happen, but hey, a girl can dream.

"What do you think of Jr's girl?"

"Don't know her all that well, Rosa seems to like her," He shrugs. 

I turn back around, and pick up my gun, loading it and cocking it.

"I don't like the bitch," I say, before pulling the trigger and hitting the bull's eye every time. 

Arsenio POV

"Katiya (A/N: Pronounced Kat-Tee-Uh), when can we tell our parents' about us?" I say, finally pulling myself away from her luscious lips. 

Her beautiful giggle brings a smile to my face.

"I don't know why we are hiding it, this will be good for the mafia!" She answers.

"So does that mean we can tell them soon?"

"Yes, let's tell them, tonight. I know my family will be coming over for dinner tonight, we could announce it to them then."

I grin, excited that she will no longer be my secret girlfriend, after tonight, I can show her off to the world.

*Later That Night

As we sit down at the table, I can tell Katiya is nervous. What she doesn't know, is after we announce us dating, I'm going to propose. I don't care if we are only 18 years old, I know this is the woman I want to spend forever with. Caterina is the only one who knows, she helped me pick out the ring. She's so excited for us, she loves Katiya, they're a lot alike. 

After our drinks have been poured, I clear my throat, "may I have everyone's attention please?"

Once everyone is focused on me, I hold my hand out, and help Katiya up from her chair. Pulling her in close to me, I smile. 

"Katiya and I have been dating, in secrecy, for two years now. Tonight, we wanted to formally announce our relationship."

My parents look at her parents with wide eyes, before both sets of parents start smiling and clapping.

I know our parents want to see us happy, but it also strengthens the bond between the Italian and Russian mafia if we are to date.

I pull her out from the table, and in front of everyone, get down on to one knee. I hear all the gasps.

"Katiya, I love you with all my heart. I know we are young, but I know I want to spend forever with you. Will you marry me?"

Tears roll down her face, "YES YES YES!" I slid the ring on her finger, and pick her up in a giant hug.

Everyone is clapping, and hugging each other. 

After our families came and congratulated us, giving us hugs and kisses, we go back to dinner, and celebrate the good news, all night long. 

*Author's Note:

Below is what I imagine Katiya to look like!