Chapter 16- You are the Mother of the Heir

Nadia POV

I'm obsessed with Dante and I's baby, Serena. She's so perfect. I've been at home with her for three weeks now, and I can't get enough. Sure, I get no sleep, I don't have private time, I worry more about her than anything else, but it's all worth it. And as soon as I'm able to, I want to try again for another one. 

Luna knocks on my door, and I give her permission to enter. Luna gestures for me to hand over the baby, and I happily do so. 

"So I'm not just here to visit my granddaughter, I actually need to talk to you," Luna starts.

Nervously I say, "okay, what's up?"

Luna's friendly warm demeanor is slightly cold, and business like. "We need to talk about your future with my son. You guys need to get married, so the child is legitimate in the eyes of the mafia. I know we haven't explained much to you, but it's time we start your training. You will soon be the queen of the mafia, and it's time to learn the ropes. As soon as your done recovering from having the baby, you're going to need to start."

'Shit.' I had never thought about all of that. I don't know if I want to be involved in it, I don't know if I want our child involved in it.

"What if I don't want to be a party of that?" I timidly ask.

Luna's face remained emotionless as she shrugs, "you don't have a choice dear."

"Will our girl be the next in line to take over?"

"No, you'll have to have a son. If you can't then Serena must marry someone from the mafia, in a high up position. If I were you, I'd keep trying for a boy, that way Serena can marry whomever she'd like, and stay out of the whole mafia thing."

I nod my head, gulping from nerves. I don't want my little girl to have to be a part of this. I guess Dante Jr and I will have to start trying again, ASAP.

"Don't worry Nadia, you'll be trained and you'll get used to the life. Isabella, Leila, and I are all here for you, we understand what it's like. We will be by your side, for anything you need."

Luna pulls me into a hug, before smiling and leaving. 

Dante Jr comes strolling into the nursery, and I give him a quick kiss before saying, "we need to start trying to get pregnant again."

"Well as much as I'd love to put another baby in you, what's the rush?"

"Your mom just talked to me about some things, and I don't want our daughter to be involved in all of this. We need to have a boy." 

He seductively walks over, putting his hands on my waist. "Oh baby, what are we waiting for? Let's start trying now."

I put the baby in the crib, letting the nanny know we are leaving the room. 

Jr and I barely make it back to the room before all of our clothes are off, and we make love again and again through the whole entire night.