Chapter 17- I'm Leaving

*7 Months Later

Nadia POV

I still haven't started my training with the mafia. I just still have my reservations against it. Every time the subject has come up with Dante Jr, I just act like I'm too busy with Serena. I just want no part of it, and I don't want our baby girl a part of it either.

My thoughts are interrupted by the timer on my phone, and I quickly snap my head to the test. 'Pregnant.' 

'Oh my god! We are pregnant again!!!'

In the blindness of my excitement, I run to the basement, to tell Dante Jr.

Dante Jr POV

"Where's the money?!" I scream, before punching the scumbag again.

Silence.

"I guess this prick isn't going to answer. What do you think Enzo?"

"I mean, maybe we should try brass knuckles, boss."

"Good idea Enzo."

I grab the brass knuckles and slam my fist in to the man's face over and over. I can hear and feel the crack of his skull against me, but I can't stop.

The door creeks open, and I'm about to yell at whoever dares to enter the private room. 

"Dante?" a shy voice sounds terrified. 

With blood dripping down my face and staining my clothes, I glance down at the bloodied brass knuckles on my fingers.

Tears are in her eyes, and I've never seen her so scared. 'Fuck, she was never supposed to see this side of me.'

"I'm...I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come in here, I'm leaving now." 

Before I run out after her, I turn to Enzo, "finish this man." 

"Baby, babe, stop!" 

I finally catch up to her, grabbing her arm, making her stop in her tracks. 

"Baby, please, that man was a bad man. He was trying to steal..."

I'm quickly cut off by her screaming at me.

"SAVE IT! I've never seen you like that before, you were a monster," she stutters.

"Baby, Nadia, you know it's my job."

"If that's your job, then I want no part of this!"

My eyes go wide, and my palms start to sweat. 'She can't leave me.'

I drop to my knees, "baby NO! Don't say that. I can't lose you and Serena! PLEASE!"

"It's not just Serena and I anymore..." she whispers.

"You're...pregnant again?"

"That's what I was coming down to tell you! I was so excited about it, but this, this is too much!"

Nadia runs into our bedroom, slamming the door. I just sit there, on my knees, shocked at the news and terrified she's going to leave me. 

Nadia POV

I start to pack some of my things into a small suitcase, I've made up my mind that I can't stay here anymore. I've got a baby girl and another baby on the way, they can't grow up like this. It'd be better for them to not have a father, than have that monster as one.

I bust through the bedroom door, grab  Serena out of her room, and rush to the stairs. 

"Nadia, baby! NO!" Jr's voice tone tugs at my heart.

Ignoring him, I continue my mission to the door. 

"Nadia, PLEASE don't leave me! You can't do this, you can't take my baby girl and my unborn baby away from me!"

Stopping at the door I turn around, "I'll be back in a couple days, I promise. I just need some time. I'll come back by Friday, I'll stay at one of your hotels."

He nods his head in defeat, "please just promise you'll stay at the one closest to here, and text me that you're safe everyday."

"I will," I agree to his terms, before walking out the door.