Back Tracking Part 2 Betrayal

That was such a lovely night…The memory soon faded away as his heartbeat picked up when he neared the deserted room down the hall. He stopped right in the doorway to the box stuffed space with oval wooden pillars, a distant look in his cerulean optics shielded by blond bangs. The raven’s words echoed in his head, ‘I promised, didn’t I?’ He scowled at the blatant lie. Why he didn’t pick up on the uncharacteristic tone, awkward smiles, fights and especially the phone call, he had no idea.

Or maybe he did? He was so happy that he’d gotten his boyfriend to shower him with gifts and attention that day that he didn’t even bother to think about the unusual behavior that led and followed with it. He took one step inside, swallowing hard, eyes cast to a window ahead. Through the glass was a hill some yards off where a car was once parked between some trees. He could see the calamity take place all over again now.

Two bright holographic images in an equally glowing car, laughing, smiling and overall in love. Yet one of them was completely and foolishly unaware, blinded by said emotion.

                                                                   ~Flashback: Last Night~

In a onyx Chevrolet Camaro, the two lovers were inside, enjoying friendly banter as they prepared. Each were strapping up with their signature weapons. The raven had his custom made shotgun while his pet finished up preparing his birthday twins. It was faintly cold out so the two were in their black business suits with different colored shirts ranging from a dark silk blue to an orange. No ties needed.

“My brothers a what?” Sasuke laughed shortly while he loaded up his weapons last shell with a click and snap.

“He’s a conniving little dick weasel! He knew damn well that we were going to take care of this earlier so we could have the rest of the day to pack. Why’d he set back the damn time again?” Naruto asked, fuming as he fixed his choppy tendrils in the visor mirror. He was already set to go with his silver duo on the dashboard, loaded and prepped.

“Something about less attention at night.... Are you ready to go?” He cocked his artillery for good measures just to make sure it was functioning properly.

“I’m good! You should've let me talk to him last night! I’m not afraid to bring those extensions out to the light,” Naruto mumbled, pushing stray strands back behind his ear.

“For the last time, his hair isn't fake, Naruto. Now give me a kiss for good luck?”

“Psh, mark my words, baby. When you walk in on him and he’s plugging it in, remember me. And since when do you believe in luck?” He closed the visor while leaning over anyway with a smile, planting a brief but loving kiss on his boyfriend’s smirk.

“Hm-hm, I don’t, but you never know.”

They then exited the vehicle together and lit the place up. It took them no longer than eight minutes to clear out the building. All you could hear for that time was gun-shots, curses and hollering. The constant flashes from the onslaught of fired weapons were displayed by the building’s windows. Thuds were the sounds of the aftermath as the bodies literally hit the floor. Nearing the end of the rampage they burst through the doors to the last section of the warehouse.

Each had each other’s back as they searched the section for any strays or extras. Upon finding no one, the blonde holstered his weapons in the back of his pants under his coat.

“Okay hun, I think that was the last of Orochimaru’s guys,” He confirmed with a smile to his boyfriend a distance off, looking at something. In truth this was supposed to be it since his raven’s brother had handled the snake personally. They were like the clean up crew to tie up any loose ends.