Nightmare

- Sasuke’s brief POV as of now-

Imagine you’re having a  peaceful dream about the love of your life. You’re in an empty room with concrete floors and walls for reasons you don’t care. The spotlight is centered on you two spilling out your hearts to each other without a care in the world. The room spins and you both share a tender kiss that you want to last forever and then…. that beautiful dream becomes a sudden spiraling nightmare with blood spattered on the walls, screams echoing and tears falling all by your own hands. 

You hold your bleeding loved one close to your heart as you wail your countless apologies and reasons for causing them so much pain, but then they’re gone. All the life you gave them over the years had just been taken away by your doing alone. Your now crimson drenched hands that had once caressed and healed such love before, now touched nothing but a corpse.

Sasuke’s corpse was a beautiful blonde male with motionless pools of blue. No matter how hard or loud he shouted, pleaded and cried out the heavenly name, he will hear nothing as the walls closed in for the final act. An alarm chimed in to signal his very end...and for his ass to get up from that over the top dream.

The raven jolted awake, falling off the couch and bumping his head against the coffee table of the very little apartment he was staying in, shaking the pill bottles scattered across and the clock in the process. He groaned and sat up holding his forehead, hand sliding to his wet cheeks, proof that he’d indeed been crying in his sleep. He cleared his face with the back of his hands like a reluctantly upset child, repeating to himself, ‘It was just a dream, dammit! He’s still alive and safe. You didn’t...Fuck!’ He clutched the alabaster fabric over his chest, agonizing pain pulsing within from what he’d done.

Pale fingers soon reached out with blurry vision and grabbed hold of any bottle in reach, pushing others away. He opened, popped out three white tabs and shoved it in his mouth, swallowing fast like he was about to die, then gasping afterwards. He forced himself up, using the couch as a crutch while the clock raged on behind him. He glanced back at the time, not noticing how late it was till he got half way in the kitchen, glass of water prepared and in hand just to drop it. 

                                                                           -End of Sasuke’s POV-

The blonde in our raven’s precious thoughts had long since returned with everyones food. The three meals were split amongst the group to their liking. He classically had his ramen while the agent had a burger with fries and Itachi had his sushi and rice. Half the plates were clean by now and the mood between them had lightened thanks to them all being a little tipsy at the moment, but they were still on point!...Sort of. 

“So, whats the plan for finding my bro?” Itachi covered his mouth to burp before taking another piece of sushi in his mouth. 

“Well if he is taking over for Orochimaru then we start where they are.” Naruto mumbled, slurping down a good bit of his ramen and liquor he’d infused somehow.

“Why would he take his place though? He wanted to kill him more than I did, remember?” He stated between chews. 

Suko wondered if he really did take the guy down all by himself. He wiped his mouth of ketchup with a napkin, held up his hand curtly and asked, “How’d you kill him?”

The raven turned to the boy and brought his own hand up, balding it into a fist, sticking his thumb out and bringing it across his neck, making a gagging sound to add effect.