Chapter 35

Tim POV: 

We are both back home after a traumatic couple weeks, with an upgraded security system as well. Although Roy is dead, Faith swears that Hugh is going to come and seek revenge as well. I just don't think Hugh has enough of a personal grudge to come after us again. What's the point if he's not getting the pay off Roy promised? 

She's been quieter lately, but honestly so have I. It's been hard trying to overcome the events that have transpired. I mean, I shot her... I shot her three times, and then damn near died myself. By some miracle, I woke up. My leg is injured still, which left me on crutches for a while, but I'm home now and that's all I could ask for. 

Faith sits quietly in bed, her legs crossed and her hands laying on her stomach. She stares at her feet while I put on some jeans. I look her way while buttoning my pants, noticing an odd look in her eye. She seems like she's in another world right now. I grab my shirt off the top of the dresser and throw it on, keeping my eyes on her for a moment. 

"Babe?" I call out, before she glances up at me. "Everything okay?" I ask, as she nods half-heartedly. She forces a smile, before I notice her eyes well up. She holds herself together while I slip on my watch. I nod in response, starting out the door. I shut it lightly behind me, taking a few steps down the hall, before feeling a sharp pain in my chest. I shake my head while stopping in place. I look back at the door, before starting back into our room. I open the door once more, catching her off guard. She covertly and quickly wipes her cheeks, before looking at me. 

"Did you forget something?" She asks, her voice breaking slightly. I stare at her, knowing she broke down the moment I walked out the door. 

"What's going on?" I reply, while she cringes. She bites her lip, before shaking her head like it's nothing. "Faith, something is going on in your head right now, and I want to know what it is." I say firmly, watching her look down at her lap. She sits quietly for a moment, before clearing her throat. 

"I had a nightmare..." She admits, as I step toward the bed. I sit down on the edge next to her legs. She leans her head back into the pillows, seeming haunted. 

"About?" I pry. She twiddles her thumbs while breathing deeply, like she's debating even answering. She shuts her eyes, tears dripping from the corners. 

"I lost you and the girls." She confesses, her tears falling even harder, like reopening her eyes was allowing a floodgate to give way. I cringe, before resting my hand on her knee. She sniffles for a moment, before wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. "I just... They took you guys into another room, and then I heard a loud bang, and then I couldn't find you... I ran in and everyone was gone, and I kept searching but..." She rambles, starting to grow hysterical. I grab onto her hand, giving it a tight squeeze. 

"It's alright... just breathe..." I direct, watching her force herself to inhale deeply. "We aren't going anywhere." I reassure her, as she nods, like she's trying to drive that idea deep into her mind. 

"It just made me think about... what if he shot Gracie? What if he shot Gracie, and then you? What if he took all three of them and--" She starts, the words similar to the ones that have replayed over and over in my head for weeks. 

"Babe..." I release, catching her attention as her thoughts spiral out of control. "He didn't. He didn't shoot Gracie. He didn't shoot Maggie. He didn't shoot Audrey. They're all fine. We could go over what could've happened, but we should just look at how lucky we are that it didn't happen. Our daughters are all perfectly safe, and we are too, alright? So don't freak yourself out." I say, watching it calm her down. She bites the inside of her lip, before I squeeze onto the bed to lay beside her. I wrap my arms around her, letting her lay her head on my chest as she thinks. "We are over that part of our lives, okay?" I remind her, listening to her take a deep breath. A moment of silence falls as she continues to sniffle, making me think long and hard on what would make her feel a little better. "We need a vacation." I release, hearing her laugh through her tears.