Chapter Seven

Emma Mabel

After many hours had passed, Emma began to stir around. She found her eyes blinking open - to darkness. Realization of what happened last night set in and she felt a pit in her stomach form in fear. Emma sat herself up slightly but found that she was being held down - her hands bound above her head to whatever she was laying on. Seeing that what she was laying was soft and had pillows... a bed?

What the hell is going on.

When Emma woke up, she figured that she would at least get some answers. Instead, she found herself stuck where she ways lying at in the dark. For hours. No one came in. No one came out. Nothing. She was simply alone.

Tears streamed down her cheeks in fear as she tried to process what happened last night. Detective Matthews had attacked her and put her unconscious. Was this some sort of fucked up form of interrogation?'

A part of Emma knew it wasn't.

Eventually, as hours passed in her panic, the door opened. Emma could make out the silhouette of a man standing in the doorway. With his height and blonde, floppy hair Emma immediately assumed it was Arthur. "Arthur what the hell is going on?" Emma exclaimed, dry tears on her cheek.

"You will never call me Arthur again." A voice barked back, walking into the room. He flipped on the lights to reveal Detective Matthews glaring daggers down at her. "You may call me Aaron or Detective Matthews, depending upon if we're having fun or not." Aaron wagged his eyebrows playfully - likely intending to be seductive.

What the hell.

Emma kicked her legs around to scramble to sit up even slightly as Aaron made his way over to her. He sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his hand on her leg. She could feel her skin crawl. "Since it's you're first day, I'll be easy on you." Aaron muttered out with a sigh, shaking his head. He glanced towards Emma with a frown. "From today on your name is no longer Emma Mabel. Your name is Emily Matthews. Do you understand?"

"Emily..." Emma repeated, a look of confusion and disgust on her face. "What is wrong with you. Let me go!" She exclaimed, tugging on the ropes and kicking her legs. "You're supposed to be a detective. You're supposed to be good."

Aaron had a look of frustration before turning around. He pinned her legs down to the bed, distaste clear on his face. "I am a detective and you will be my wife - after I train you to act like her."

Train to... act like who? ...Oh my God...

Emma felt her heart pounding in her chest as this stranger held down her legs to keep her from struggling. Considering the fact he came to her home and knocked her out... she wasn't entirely sure what he was capable of. She didn't even put the pieces together until he muttered something about having to cut and dye her hair brown.

Pieces slowly started to fall together in her head. The dead woman last night - a few officers had mentioned that there had been more than one girl that was killed with short brown hair. Did that mean... Aaron... "Am I going to die?" Emma whimpered out, beginning to shake again.

Aaron smiled as he lifted his hands off of Emma, feeling confident that she wasn't going to run away or fight him. "No, Emily. Not as long as you do what you're told and act how you're supposed to."

How I'm supposed to act? How the hell am I supposed to act?

This has got to be a joke. Right?

"I just got off of work, so I have all night with you." Aaron pushed himself up to his feet. He crossed his arms and tilted his head. "Let's first begin with your hair, Emily." Aaron leaned over and began to untie Emma's hands from the bed. However, her hands were still bound together at her wrists. Aaron grabbed her wrists and pulled her up to her feet. Standing up, Emma was able to get a good look at the room as she was walked out of the bedroom.

The entire floor she was on looked vaguely like an apartment - aside from the fact there are no windows. It had a full kitchen, a living area, bedroom, and bathroom. "Where are we?" Emma whispered out quietly. She was full of questions and terrified beyond belief. However, because she determined that Aaron was a killer, she wasn't sure what was safe to ask and what wasn't.

Aaron glanced back over his shoulder and stared at her. "Home."

Emma felt a shiver run up her spine at his words. She pressed her lips together into a thin line and opted to remain silent. If he called this place home... then he likely lived here as well. Since she noticed stairs in the corner of the place, Emma could only assume she was in the basement. Was this below his home?

Because it sure as well wasn't her home.

"Sit, Emily," Aaron demanded as he walked into the bedroom. Emma widened her eyes as she saw a chair sitting down in front of a mirror. Considering the fact Aaron had picked up a pair of scissors, Emma didn't even question any of his orders. She sat down and remained as still as possible, staring at herself with bound wrists in the mirror as Aaron ran his fingers through her long, blonde hair.

Once her hair was straight and free of tangles, Aaron raised up the scissors and began to snip. She watched as the man who looked remarkably similar to her husband began to cut away inches of her hair. Her blonde hair fell in locks onto the floor - leaving her hair to be brushing just above her shoulders. Emma had always been scared to cut her hair. In fact, she might have even said it was a cute hairstyle - if it wasn't for the situation she was finding herself in.

After her hair was cut to just above shoulder length, Aaron turned his attention over to the sink. He slipped on a pair of gloves and began to prepare a bottle of hair dye. He seemed... professional at it. As if it wasn't his first time.

I'm dead. I'm going to die.

Emma squeezed her eyes closed as she stiffened, feeling the dye begin to be placed in her hair. "Good girl, Emily." Aaron coaxed her as he ran the dye through her blonde hair. For what felt like over an hour, Aaron continued to place brown hair dye in her hair. He spoke to her soothingly, practically as if she was a dog, for doing anything right.

Every time she did something wrong, Aaron looked pissed. However, he did mention the fact that he was going to be easy on Emma because it was her first day. That brought up the question what would it be like when it wasn't? In addition, how long was she stuck here?

Suppressing a whimper in her throat, Emma merely stared into the mirror at her own hazel eyes. He cut and was dying her hair, but at least her eyes were something he couldn't change - not unless he got contacts for her. She didn't want to jinx it now.

Eventually, he was done. Aaron pulled off his gloves and threw it away into the waste bin. He nodded his head towards the shower and crossed his arms. "Strip and get showered up, Emily. Don't worry about getting it on your clothes - you're not going to be wearing that again, anyway. You don't wear anything but dresses, Em."

Emma shivered once again at his words. He not only demanded that she strip in front of him but he also called her Em. Though he knew that he was using 'Em' as the nickname for 'Emily', Emma couldn't help but hear it as the nickname for her own name.

"Can... can you step out of the room first," Emma murmured hesitantly towards Aaron, who had scissors in his pocket from when he snipped Emma's hair.

Aaron gave a look of displeasure. His frown deepened, which caused Emma to jump in slight fear. She held out her bound wrists towards him, to which he raised up the scissors and snipped the rope off.

Having her hands free, Emma frantically began to look around the bathroom for anything she could use as a weapon. Of course, there was nothing that she could use that would actually cause damage. A plastic trashcan and a tissue box were purely laughable. Since Aaron had to work every day as a detective, Emma knew she would at least have the time while he is gone to plot and plan any way to escape - unless his partner, Detective Todd, is just as guilty as Aaron and allows Aaron to sneak away to monitor Emma. She wasn't sure - but for now, she needs to merely do as he says.

Therefore, out of fear, Emma began to take off her clothes. Aaron turned on the shower and waved his hand for her to get inside of it. Slowly, Emma stepped inside and stood under the water. She stared down and watched as the dye began to roll out of her hair and down the drain, no longer allowing her to be a blonde.