Chapter 2

"Ms. Tilly, don't rip up the house when I'm gone." Gary said, clutching his car keys in one hand, and holding Ivan in the other. "Oh you know I will," I jumped up on the counter. Gary sighed and then left.

The house by myself is incredibly relaxing. No whining children, and no depressed middle-aged man sighing. Absolute silence

I strolled around the house, searching something I could mess up. Then I hear a tap on the window.

I turn to see who tapped, who interrupted my peace. Of course, it was my friend, Theodore. It's odd to think of him as a friend, mostly because our personalities are the complete opposite.

I strut towards the window, as if I were a model. I slowly opened the window and said "what?" as flat as possible.

Theodore smiled. "Susie got a haircut, you want to go check it out?" He said excitingly, with his small, squeaky voice. I observed his movements, he was a tad shaky. 

"Did you have some sugar today?" I asked, curious to see if I was right. 

"A bit, but no more than twenty grams." He squealed. As I presumed, he was on a sugar high. "I don't know, Theodore. I've been pretty busy, you know, lounging around."

His sad blue eyes reflected into mine. I hate it when he does this. "Oh please, Ms. Tilly! Rumor has it she got a pink bow too." He begged.

I rolled my eyes. Either I'm finally caving into youngsters, or I'm just getting to old to say no. "Fiiine." I sighed. I knocked out the screening of the window, and then stepped out. "I have to walk a block...I just bathed." I complained as I stood on the soggy grass. It still had morning dew on the blades. 

"Yay! This way, Ms. Tilly." Theodore squeaked again. "I know where her house is." I grumbled.

***

Susie's house was a lemon yellow, that had a white trim. Her lawn was always freshly cut and the flowers were bloomed beautifully. I envied the neatness of her house, because compared to my house...mine's utter trash.

I snuck under the wood fence and pounced to the back yard. There sat three others. Tim and Tom: the Irish twins, and Majesty: Little Miss Perfect. 

"Top to the mornin' to you laddies!" I said in my most Irish accent I could pull off. The twins turned their heads' and rolled their eyes. "Just because we're orange doesn't mean we're Irish." Tim and Tom scoffed in harmony. 

I smirked, ignoring their repeated reply every time I bring it up. "Where's Susie?" Theodore looked around. 

"I'm right here," a deep voice rumbled from the shadows. Susie shuffled towards us with an ashamed face. Her fluffy, white hair was trimmed, and there hung a little, pink bow. The funny thing about Susie, is that she looks very feminine and sounds very masculine

I couldn't help but snicker. She glared at me. "I'm sorry, I just...pfftt!" I kept laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. Keep giggling all you want. I hope you get beat with a broom." Susie snarled.

"Don't listen to her, Susie. I think you look absolutely fabulous," Majesty sucked up. "Oh the leach is talking," I mumbled. Theodore cracked up.

"Uh, excuse me? I am not a leach, I am Susie's friend, unlike you." Majesty sassed. "Ohh snap." Tom said as he looked my way.

I've always hated her. She's such a you-know-what. Ever since her and her little perfect princess family has moved to this neighborhood, she's been on my nerves. I would rather have claws  ripping down my back than her existing. She has to have everything her way, or else she throws a hissy fit. What an ungrateful brat.

"Uhh...Ms. Tilly? You've been glaring at Majesty with bloodshot eyes for two minutes. You okay?" Theodore whispered to me. "Perfectly fine." I said in a not-so-perfectly-fine voice. I'm irritated. Why does she have to exist? Was she put here on Earth to make my life miserable?

Majesty flipped her hair and then left. 

"God, finally." I muttered. "Why do you hate Majesty so much?" Tim asked. I eyed Tim, hinting him that he was not prepared for my answer. "I have my reasons, like you have your reasons why you think that you're not Irish." 

"We're not Irish!" The twins said in harmony once more. "Whatever, I'm outta here." I turned to the fence. Theodore followed.

***

"Kid, you keep following me. You gotta get a life," I said slipping through my window. Theodore gave me a sad smile. "You're fifteen, you're young! Stop hanging out with an old hag like me," I added.

"You're not old!" He squeaked. "Thirty-five is a flattering age, Ms. Tilly," he tried complimenting me. I rolled my eyes. I swear I should call him a cinnamon roll instead of Theodore.

"Look kid, I get that you have no friends, and you think it's just better to hang with people twice your age, but after a while...it get's depressing." I sat on my window sill. He nodded.

Theodore sat down on the grass, and then looked up at me. "Ms. Tilly, you're my favorite person. I admire you. You are my idol. You're like a mom I never had." His charming smile gleamed at me.

This kid. I swear someday, he's going to make me cry. "Thanks, Theodore. I'll be off now, I gotta take my late afternoon nap." I said as I slowly closed the window. "Sleep well, Ms. Tilly," he grinned.

I almost felt bad for closing the window on him. But he needs to learn that not everybody he looks up to is good. He should know:

I am not a good influence.

***A/N***

Wow, chapter 2! I'm getting so pumped to show you the rest of the story. I hope you stick along till the very end and listen to Ms. Tilly. Thanks for running along side me so far. I hope this book will be a good read for you guys. As you can tell, each chapter will be posted on a Friday. There is no specific time (because I tend to forget, lol). If you have any critique/comments/praises(please) then fire away in the comments! While you're at it, slap that beautiful orange star. Thanks!

-MissyKZV