Chapter 19

Words cannot describe my anticipation for the car to pull up in the driveway, the car doors slam, the front door opened wide, revealing that they were home.

I can imagine them bouncing through the door, excited to see Petra and me. Ivan squealing, as usual, Taylor hollering on the top of her lungs and Mackenzie stomping inside, causing a commotion. That's only a few hours away. A few hours from the thing I've been yearning.

"Dad, I want blueberry waffles," Mackenzie cried. Her hair was pulled back into low pigtails, representing her youth. Each pigtail had a big green bow with lace, expressing her constant emotion when she in single digits, sass.

Gary sighed as he opened the freezer door, searching for Mackenzie's request, blueberry waffles. "We're out, sorry kiddo," the tone of his voice showed sympathy, yet at the same time, careless.

Mackenzie's jaw dropped, and her brows furrowed, "What you mean we're out? I thought there was one left!" She pounded her fists into the table, frustrated at most.

Taylor snickered quietly under her breath. Mackenzie noticed her small evil laughter, realizing it was her that could have eaten the last blueberry waffle. She gasped with fury, "it was YOU!" She pointed her tiny finger towards her sister, shoving the blame onto her.

Taylor stuck out her tongue, mocking her sister in agony. "And I ate it at the exact same seat," she giggled mischievously. Mackenzie gasped once more, actually taking offensively.

"How could you? Traitor!" Her squeaky voice screeched towards Taylor. Taylor slumped on the couch while enjoying her sister's heartbreak. Mackenzie's eyes filled with warm tears, genuinely insulted, "I thought you were my sister, I hate you!" She said over the top dramatically.

"Hey, don't you talk to your sister like that, we love in this house! Say you're sorry," Gary demanded. 

Mackenzie scoffed at her father and begged to differ, "She ate the last waffle without asking if she could!" She cried, defending herself.

"Well Mackenzie ate the whole box, I was lucky enough to have one," Taylor shouted back. Taylor began to pout, as she did, she curled her lip and crossed her arms, adding the hmph! sound.

"Girls, it's not like they stopped making blueberry waffles. I'll go pick some up tomorrow after work, but only if you stop bickering. Deal?" Gary said, trying to compromise with his upset demonic offspring.

Mackenzie's eyes lit up when Gary offered a wager, "deal!"

Small memories remind me how childish they were. They would bicker and fight over the silliest things. Blueberry waffles, game controllers, who got to take a shower first, it was all a living nightmare.

I'm going to shower first." One of them said. The drowsiness showed extremely in her voice.

"Um, I don't think so! You went first yesterday, it's my turn." The other one argued, "Taylor, I said it's my turn!"

"Last one there goes last!" Taylor sprinted towards the bathroom. Mackenzie chased after her.

As usual, Taylor made it first to the bathroom, because she is the one closest. "No! I always fall for this." Mackenzie screamed. Also, as usual, she screams that, which wakes up the worst one.

They both turned their heads to the unbearable screeching of the small boy, Ivan.

Gary stomped out of his bedroom in his pajamas. He looked half dead. "What the hell! Every morning!" He cried while he walked into his son's room. Around the corner, Gary tried to console Ivan.

"They're loud!" Ivan's squeaky voice quivered. He rubbed his eyes while his father hugged him. "Shhh... it's okay." Gary said softly. After he calmed down, Gary lowered Ivan back into his crib.

Gary closed the door quietly and then sharply turned at the girls. "Every single morning you do this! You need to come up with some sort of schedule because I'm tired of you waking your brother at the butt-crack of dawn!" Gary yelled at them quietly.

"Sorry dad," they both said. "Mackenzie, you can go first." Taylor sighed. Mackenzie didn't hesitate. She quickly took the bathroom before her sister changed her mind.

Several minutes later, a certain someone shouts from the hallway. "DAAAAADDD! Mackenzie's taking forever in the shower. She's going to use up all of the hot water!" Taylor whined. Shortly after she shouted out her concerns, Ivan woke up again. "My god, Taylor!" Gary rushed into Ivan's room.

Taylor pounded her fists on the bathroom door. "HURRYYY UUUUP!"

A muffled scream responded through the bathroom door.

Soon after Taylor pounded on the door, sharply, Mackenzie swung open the door with her hair soaking wet and a towel wrapped around her torso. Her face was wrinkled in anger. "God!" She cursed. 

Good memories, sweet memories. However, my favorite part was a few minutes later when Mackenzie thundered out of the shower.

Taylor stomped into the room. Her hair was also soaking wet. "You're wearing shorts? It's October!" Taylor shouted. 

"So? It's not like I'm going to wear an MCR shirt! That was so 2015!" Mackenzie fired back. 

Taylor gasped. "You know not to bring that up!" 

Taylor quickly slipped on her clothes, then kicked her sister. "Oh, it's on!" Mackenzie kicked back. They started to wrestle and pull each other's hair. It didn't last long though because Mr. No Fun decided to jump in. "Both of you knock it off!" Gary pulled the girls apart.

"She started it!" Taylor hissed. "Nu-uh!" Mackenzie hissed back. 

"Both of you..." his voice rumbled, "are grounded."

"WHAT?!" The girls cried. Ivan woke up crying again from the girls shrieking.

"AHHHH!" Gary screamed as he left the girls' room to go control his son once again.

"I hate you," Taylor muttered under her breathe. "I hate you more," Mackenzie twitched.

As I thought of back then, I remembered these memories weren't made that long ago. October, I think. Now that it's February, it feels like ages, but it was only three months ago. Three short months.

"What's Ms. Tilly thinking about?" a teenage voice muttered in question. 

"I don't know, probably about food," another teenage voice responded.

I turned my head, and there they were.

The kids.

***A/N***

One more chapter to go! This is so sad, you guys.