pt.two/

pt.two/

Twenty Years ago/
Seoul /

"I'll be back later Mom, I need to get something from the store,"

"Isn't it a little late sweetheart? It could be dangerous. If this is for my birthday don't worry about—"

"Mom, relax. I'll be fine."

"Fine..." She said wearily but she knew her son's stubbornness, "but make sure to stop by my room when you come back so I know you're back."

"I will, love you ma,"

She kissed her son's cheek and watched him walk out the front door for the last time.

"Sir—" spoke the deep voice of the man that stood on the opposite side of Parks desk.

"Skip the formalities. What did you find on the girl?" Park asked setting his work papers aside. Park looked up at the private detective and noticed a black folder in his hands, that must've been the work up on the girl from a few days ago.

"Tell me this first, was her name...was it really—"

"Her name is in fact Sakura Nüwa." The detective confirmed hoping it would take away from the worry and anxiousness Park was trying to hide. "She is twenty six, she was born in Brooklyn, New York in Kings County hospital. She was born February 6. She moved to Texas for five years when she was ten for familial reasons, she stayed in Connecticut seven years after that where she went to Harvard, and in her last year got referred to Syracuse where she got a masters in engineering and she's currently doing online classes to get her bachelors. Her account history shows she's been saving in a separate account where she has a comfortable amount."

"There's nothing suspicious about her?"

"I wouldn't say that, her five years in Texas have some gaps in them."

"Meaning?"

"We don't know what she was doing there. The people in that neighborhood don't recall her, but from her taxes and economic footprints, she was allegedly staying in Texas." The detective took a step closer to the desk leaning forward in sincere concern, "There is stuff in here that are on the personal side. If this is a debriefing out of emotional interest I suggest you stay clear of the last page, for the future, it wouldn't be a good thing if she found out you knew these things."

Park scoffed cutting the detective off, "You think I'm some little boy with a school girl crush? Is it cause of my sweet asian eyes? Or my dimples? Aish, I assure you if I find anything that is fishy in these documents she'll be one limb short—"

"Chairman, I didn't mean it like that, the last page is really personal—"

"It's up to me to decide, you did your job, don't sully your hard work with concern for a girl you don't know."

"Sir, I.."

"Get out of my office, I'll call you if I need anything else."

The detective left while he still could while Park took the folder into his hands and greedily read through almost all of it in one sitting.

Sakura seemed normal enough, a hard childhood, barely any close friends, excellent grades since grade school, she got sick easily as a child, constant fainting, migraines. Her parents were American, as she was fully black. Park just couldn't understand why her name had to be Sakura. Why did the first woman to peak his interest have to be named the same as his mother? It'd been years since he last spoke her name aloud.