pt.six/

pt.six/

Twenty -three years ago/
Seoul/

Sakura took her friends daughter into her arms and hugged her tightly with so much love and awe.

"You didn't tell me she was this lovely." Sakura cooed and ran her fingers through the little girls kinky curls. "She looks just like you."

"A-Are you sure this is okay Sakura? Your husband, your son, and daughter, they shouldn't have to get caught up in my baggage."

"Neither does this baby girl, and neither do you." She spoke sincerely. "You're my best friend. No, you're more than that, you're like my sister and you've treated me like we were sisters since we were young. In my culture, we take care of family. It's the law from the divine. Who am I to object?"

The little girl smiled at Sakura and pulled her thumb from her mouth, "You're my auntie, right? You're so pretty." she babbled, losing track of her train of thought.

"Aw, you're so precious, look at those cute dimples! Yes, I'm Auntie, I'm your mommy's sister."

The little girl looked at her mom and at her russet skin and then at Sakura with her porcelain white skin and fought back a smile.

"What?" The girl's mother smiled, "Auntie and I are identical, I swear every time I look at her I get confused like, 'who put that mirror there?'"

The girl stared wide eyed, "Really?" Her mom nodded, laughing at her daughters naive attitude. "Oh, I'm sorry mommy, I'm sorry Auntie,"

"Enough talking, let me show you your new room," Sakura jumped up from her couch in excitement.

The little girl jumped up in excitement as well and rushed up the stairs behind Sakura. Her mother stayed behind, it'd be too much of a hassle to get her oxygen up the stairs. First, the four year old girl was met with a baby girl. She was one year younger than Sakura. The baby scowled at her out of jealousy. She didn't know how to word it, but it was just more competition.

The dimpled girl smiled obliviously and ran to catch up to her aunt who was walking up to a room at the the farthest end of the hallway. "Go inside."

The little girl cheerfully opened the door and was met with something she didn't expect. Half the room was littered with girly toys and bedding and a small tv, the other half was neatly organized with dozens of books and black decorum. In the midst of the black she saw a young boy sitting on floor had impeccable posture, he was reading theorems with perfect understanding; his mother had gotten used to his genius tendencies by now. She walked away from the room, hoping to let the two kids get along.

The little girl smiled at the decorating and contrast of black and yellow that separated her side from his. She looked at the boy, at his book. Any other person, kid or grown up, would've understood not to bother him as he'd barely took notice of her presence but she didn't take the hint. She looked at his book trying to read it.

Quantum Mechanics. She recognized a few letters. She smiled, running up to the boy and excitedly kneeled down next to him and pulled the book so she could see too.

"You are reading Quiet Mickey Mouse?" she guessed at the title. "I like Mickey Mouse too! He's all dark and Minnie like the light and shiny. It's cute, do you know about it good? You wanna talk with me? Or play? I know a lot of games we can play! What do you like? Or do you wanna talk with me?" She giggled in entertainment, leaning in.

He glared at her, placing his hand on her face and pushing it away from him harshly. She fell back, hitting her elbow on the wooden floors. She sat up shocked.