pt.eleven/

pt.eleven/

Seoul/
Twenty-three years ago/

Sakura walked into Annie's room to see a sight she didn't think she'd see. At first she thought she was imagining things but she could recognize those dimples from a mile away. In her sons arms, Aura was cuddled with her face nuzzled into Annie's neck. Her big curly hair covered her face with a lock laying on his exposed tongue and the way she clung to him, so tight, so attached to that brilliant boy.

Sakura scrunched her nose at the drool he was leaving on her hair. This was everything she wanted. Her best friends daughter and her son were getting along finely. Maybe in the future it would blossom? She tried not to get ahead of herself, instead she smiled and rushed to get her camera.

"You'll thank me when you're older."

She took a photo not too subtly. The flash from the Polaroid was enough to wake the two kids up and send Aura flying towards the floor. Without thought, as if he was made to save her, Annie grabbed her by the back of her sweater making sure she didn't hit her face.

He mumbled half asleep and in annoyance "Stupid girl."

Present day/

"I'll have—"

"We know." the barista joked, going to fetch Sakura her drink.

Sakura blushed, embarrassed, making sure no one around heard the worker. A few minutes later her drink was ready and she bought a danish since she hadn't eaten much at the outing with Park.

She took a seat upstairs and thought about what Park said before he sped off. 'Aim higher.'

Did he mean him?

Oh gosh, what was I even thinking? He's a jerk and narcissistic... and he's the CEO of a major company and I can't even compare. I wouldn't even have a shot. Not that I want one.

"Want what?"

Sakura snapped her head up. Was she hearing things, or could it possibly be that—

"What? Too early in the morning to see this handsome face?" Park joked.

"Very too early." Sakura nervously looked down at her finger frustrated at herself for acting timid around the same guy who landed her in the hospital from overworking.

Park raised a brow, "Weird..." He looked over at her danish and picked it up curiously.

"Hey! That's my—"

He bit into the danish and although he was unimpressed by the taste her reaction satisfied him. He motioned his head towards the stairs and finished chewing.

"Come on, you're ten mins late to work."

"I don't start for ten more minutes, if anything I'm early."

"Didn't we go over this? I said if I come in ten mins early, you should already be there ten minutes earlier."

"Am I getting paid for these extra twenty minutes?"

"Do you want to get paid at all?" Park threatened, making Sakura quickly back track.

She rushed behind him, clutching her coffee in annoyance and nervousness. She decided to just eat from her chocolate stash she'd built up over the past month. It was one of the only things that gave her solace. When they stepped outside he looked her up and down so she did the same. She almost bumped into him in the process. It was hard not to stumble over herself, Park in all black was a site she'd always be pleased to see.