pt.nine/

Incase you're confused:

Park Min Ahn is the main character. His leading lady is Sakura Nüwa.
His mother is also named Sakura (basically the whole plot in Chapter 2)
The flashbacks are of two people, a young boy refered to as Annie (refer to Chapter 1) and a little girl named Aura.
And the Sakura in the flashbacks is Annie's mother not Sakura Nüwa

You're supposed to be a tad confused but I promise there's a reason for the coyness of the story plot. Hang in there.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program:

pt. nine/

Twenty -three years ago/
Seoul/

Although things were bad, for that moment, he was happy. He found her. His stubborn little girl.

"I-I'm cold." she whispered, her once rosy lips were becoming a sickly bluish color.

"It's okay," he rushed to tend to her, ignoring just how cold he was. That didn't matter, what mattered was Aura.

He pulled off the sweater he was wearing that she'd thrown on the floor earlier. Next, he took out a second sweater from his bag and put that on her as well. She must've been so cold. She'd been out for close to three hours in just that thin shirt. She kept shivering and was on the brim of wailing.

"Aish!" He grabbed the fabric on his chest feeling an unforgiving pain ignite in his heart. He couldn't stand seeing her like this. It was so unlike him.

"Can you walk?"

She shook her head although he could hardly distinguish her shivering from her answer.

"It's okay." He pulled out a scarf next and wrapped it around it around her head and neck, hoping it'd help. "Okay, the house is ten blocks away, just hold on."

"T-To what?" She was cut off as Annie pulled her into his back with ease and he started walking as fast as he could.

He got looks, of course he did.

"Y-You're cold?" she worried.

"Shut up and just try not to freeze on my back. I'll kill you if you die on me, my mom got me it for my birthday. How am I gonna explain that to her?"

Aura fought a smile but ended up laughing despite the intensity of their situation. Annie wanted to scold her for laughing without good reason.

"What's so fucking funny?" She bit back her laughter but it still rumbled in her chest. "I'll throw you into the Han River if you don't tell me what you find so funny right now."

She laid her head on his shoulder and planted a soft amicable peck on his cheek, making him almost drop her in shock.

"How did you lose me?"

He cleared his throat trying to talk through his awkwardness. "Are you seriously trying to blame me?"

"I'm just saying. You took too long to find me. It should've been easy."

"How do you conclude that?"

She fought a chuckle again, holding onto him tighter trying to cover his neck with the scarf.