pt.thirteen/

pt.thirteen/

twenty-one years ago/
Seoul/
_

Aura woke up to gentle but horrible singing.

It was her mother, she'd barely seen her the past month but there was something terribly different. Her hair was gone, her face was thinner and her oxygen tank looked bigger than before.

It didn't matter, all Aura knew was that she missed her mother and so she jumped into her arms in excitement, "Mama! You're back from the hospital! Do your bones feel better?"

Her mother didn't answer, instead she beckoned her best friend Sakura and her son from the hallway. With them they brought in Aura's birthday cake but all Aura could look at was her Annie. He looked so disinterested but she had come to realize it was all an act. Every now and then he'd let a smirk or a chuckle disrupt his facade.

"Blown out your candles and make a wish hun." her mother, Aurora, smiles brightly at her child.

With a sharp breath Aura blow out her brightly colored birthday cake.

"I wish that I can spend the whole day with Annie and that I can show him that I can read the first page of the Quantum Mechanics book—"

The boy quickly placed his hand over her lips, silencing her, "If you say it aloud it won't come true."

Aura giggled and bit down on her lips.

"Alright love birds, you can't actually eat any of the cake yet." Sakura warned the two kids.

"Yeah, it just happened to be midnight. We wanted to surprise baby Aura. You won't be able to sleep if you eat sweet things before bed. You can share it with Annie and Kotoko in the morning, okay?"

"Yes Momma, yes Auntie."

But not a few minutes later did Aura begin to beg him to let her eat some cake and with her cute little face and big eyes. How could he say no to her?

He let her eat herself into a food coma. He smiled and tucked her into her bed. He cleaned off the vanilla icing from lips before bringing his lips to hers for a good night kiss.

She mumbled in her sleep, "I love you Appa."

He chuckled, "I know...but you have to stop calling me Appa, it doesn't mean what you think it means."

Aura stuck her tongue out, turned over and let herself dream dreams of the fun birthday she expected to come the next morning. Park fell asleep in her bed, expecting the same.

However, hours later Sakura was awoken not by Park's fingers poking her squishy cheeks but by a large hand that stunk of cigar. They were pressing die against her mouth so that she couldn't make a sound.

It took her a minute to figure out who it was but her eyes shot open in shock when she recognized the man with evil glint in his eyes. The man she hadn't seen in nearly a year.

Daddy?

-
Present day/

"Turn around!"

"I'm going to have to see it anyways to address your wounds." Park groaned annoyed, she was being childish.

"Okay but the act of removing clothing can be more sexual than nudity itself."