pt.three/

pt.three/

Ten Years ago/

"Daddy? Daddy, put the knife down. You're s-scaring me. It's me, Sakura."

"For the love of God, Aurora! If you don't put Sakura back in her room I'll cut your fucking fingers off! She's not going to Korea god dammit! You know how many negros you'll find there? None, and it's like that for a reason Aurora. Now you put my daughter back in that damn house so help me God. Don't make me hurt you again!"

"Daddy! I'm not Mom! It's me Sakura. You're scaring me! Put the knife down!"

"You're not taking my daughter from me! I'll kill you!"

"D-Dad? Dad! Stop!—"

"Nathaniel!"

"Sakura? Are we going to keep repeating each other's names or was there a point to this conversation?"

"Ugh, you jerk! Do I ever ask for anything Nathaniel? Like ever?" Sakura ran her hands wildly through her hair, barking intensely into the mic of her phone.

"You owe me like three hundred dollars, that's on take out alone."

"I'm a girl, you're suppose to pay for stuff!" Sakura slammed her hand on her dining room table in frustration.

"It's funny how you play the feminist card only when it suits your situation Sakura."

"Nate, come on, you're my best friend. I need you to pick me up from work today, you don't even have to drop me home. Just get me at least three blocks away... It's just...I'm avoiding someone."

"Aura, what's happened? You've never needed an excuse to avoid someone before. You usually just leave shamelessly... Why is it difficult now? If you don't want someone to talk to you just show them your comic book collection."

"Hey! They're limited edition! Anyone would be lucky to see them."

He sighed rolling his eyes, "I digress. Why are you avoiding this person? There has to be a reasonable reason." Sakura huffed and thought about what happened to her that day outside the café.

...

He followed me out the cafe and I hadn't realized it was him till a bike almost knocked me over and I was in his arms...yet again.

It was becoming tiresome being the damsel in distress for the billionth time today.

"Watch where you're going-" The drivers curses were cut off when he saw Park's eyes. Even I was scared. His grip on me had me engulfed. His scent was everywhere. On his jacket he lent me, and obviously on him. It was intoxicating.

"Walk much? The cheap material of your shoes must make it hard to walk. It's a pity." he tsked. "Want me to buy you a new pair?" he patronized, reeking of false concern and a smug falsetto.

I scoffed and shoved him off of me. "How about you do the only thing that can bring me joy from you: leave!"

"Mr.Ahn...or Park-senpai, or sir-"

"Excuse me? We're not a work."

Parks straightened himself up smirking down at me. Who the fuck did he think he was? "I am both your elder and your superior. I am socially and economically above you. Even in American culture that elicits an abundance of respect from you to me."