pt.five/

pt.five/

Twenty seven years ago/
Seoul Hospital/

"Time of death-"

"Take me instead..." Sakura whispered staring at the ceiling. Her voice was nearly gone, her blood matted her face and messed with her vision, her chest squeezed with pain. She knew he was right beside him, Park, but she refused to see her baby boy in his corpse state with the conviction he'd live. She refused to have that imagine branded into her mind. "My just and fair Deity, Take me instead. Spare my Park. I beg of you."

"11:59pm."

The next day one minute later, against reason, to the doctors shock and disbelief Park took his first breath.

"Um...sir?"

...

A few months later, as Park was taking his first steps so preciously, Sakura felt a lump on her leg and it wasn't too long till she found out she had Osteosarcoma, bone cancer. The doctors said she wouldn't make it past age 50.

They were right.

The first day Sakura slept for a measly 3 hours. After that, for the next day she stayed awake trying her hardest to finish up work from the binder.

It was starting to show, it's been too many hours since she last slept.

"Sakura, you look a bit pale." Niko, her co-worker noted seeing her drag herself to obtain a cup of coffee from the snack bar. "Do you have a fever?"

"I-I'm fine, I just..." she mumbled, walking back to her desk leaving Niko worried for her sake. She downed have the coffee the minute she sat down and started again with the paperwork. Her head was spinning harshly, migraines were terrorizing to an unfair extent.

She was distracted regularly by Park's nagging, his constant yelling, belittling, spouts of anger. At one point he went to her desk and 'accidentally' knocked over her coffee staining ten finished papers from the binder.

"What is your problem with me?" She snapped.

Park turned around feigning innocence.

"You shouldn't have left your coffee in the manner in which you did. Stop complaining and get back to work,"

"I didn't leave it unattended." she barked, slamming her hand on her desk. "I left it on my desk, right next to me. You're the one who keeps leaving his office to come to me. Do you not have anything better to do as chairman of this company?"

"Actually, I do." Park grinned and pulled out a second stack of papers and dropped it on her desk. "These are the leases for most of the buildings owned by ParkMinAhn.co Group. Go over this to make sure there were no errors. Your seventy-two hours has been extended to a week."

"You have a secretary! There's a department that specializes in—"

"That's quite amusing, did I ask you for this information? I don't care how you do it, but it better get done."

"Mr.Ahn, my department needs me to go over their analysis of the construction sites. Can you please give the leases to the dozens of attorneys you have on stand by?"

"Oh right, the analysis. Have that done by this week too,"

Sakura felt her heart speed up, her hands were shaking and she felt sweat building up at the nape of her neck.