Chapter Four: "Break and Dolce"

Chapter Four: “Break and Dolce”

Frey’s{A.K.A Kyo} Pov:

God why is he such a piss off?’ I thought. ‘I guess it’s true that there are people who are better off as friends then…something more.’

After the whole argument about ‘Dylas is getting in the way of our relationship’; Quote. Quote. She rolled her eyes. She had escaped, like a coward; while also ending the discussion. She thought what better way to relieve my stress other then—fighting? For once, as she went against the poor creatures; she didn’t feel remorse on having to kill them.

In fact, she thanked them for ‘doing her a favor’. Well damn, even she thought that she was going crazy. Not a good feeling, trust me.

And now; as she passed through the mansion, she didn’t feel an inch of fear from the haunted feeling; the things rage could do. Even the poor spirits were too intimidated to ‘out-scare’ her. But one in particular, was too desperate to try and avoid her.

Kyo blinked, “Hello?”

“Are you here to save Dolly?” the spirit asked. The spirit seemed to be a little girl. She was short with light purple hair and wore a typical ‘mage’ outfit. But overall; she was adorable—yet young. (Don’t let looks deceive you.)

Kyo cocked her head to the side, “Dolly who?”

“You have to save Dolly!” the little spirit cried out.

“Alright, alright, just show me where to ‘save your friend’.” Kyo panted out in annoyance. “Wait. What’s your name, little one?”

The spirit twirled, then smiled, “My name’s Pico.”

“Charming,” Kyo replied.

“Now come on! We have to save her before it’s too late.”

As Pico just vanished, Kyo couldn’t help but sigh. She was guessing to just head through the mansion normally. So she did. She fought all the monsters so that one; they could get out of the way. And two; to earn SK (skill points). Pico, of course, showed up randomly to confirm that she was, indeed, heading in the correct direction.

While we ran over the floor-boards; everything creaked in a very fragile and dangerous way. As if, if we put any more pressure onto it, it’d bust open.

And now finally—we went through the final door, or so I was hoping it was.

Yes, it was.

“Doollyy!!!” Pico cried out, swirling in all directions of the room—searching for her precious friend. “Am I too late? I brought a friend! Don’t be afraid, come out, come out; wherever you arree!!”

And she thought this was a game. Sigh; kids nowadays.

Suddenly, we heard a ‘growl’ like I’ve never heard before.

“Dolly, there you are, I’ve been—Dolly? What’s wrong? Dolly!” Pico cried, gawking at her ‘friend’ as she lunged towards her—

“Watch out!” Kyo cried, lunging forward towards Pico, successfully pinning herself over the defenseless and confused spirit. “get out of here, let me handle this.” She demanded, standing up; performing in combat position. Before she could move, Pico swirled towards her, hugging her arms down—

“Don’t hurt her—don’t hurt Dolly, can’t you see she’s not an enemy—?” Pico cried into her arm.

“Pico—open your eyes! She’s not your friend anymore, she’s—controlled right now, but I promise—“ Kyo retorted, “I’ll save her, just stay back okay? I’m not gonna kill her, trust me on this, okay?”