Chapter Ten: Second-Step Training

“Okay, yesterday was all fun and games—but now I need you to forget about all that fun and carelessness, and work!” Pia half-shouted.

“Yes, ma’am,” Kyo replied back automatically.

“Oohh … looks like today we have an audience.”

“Whoop! Go Kyo!”

“Hurrah, you can do it!”

“Whoa, is some sort of training?”

“Nah duh, idiot.”

“It looks so fun, come on Kyo!”

Kyo turned towards the voices with wide eyes, “Hey guys.” She called, waving her arms in the air. “Glad you could make it.”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Margaret called back.

In the sidelines stood: Margaret, Leon, Kiel, Clorica, and Illuminata.

 “I didn’t know everyone knew about the training,” Kyo said.

“Of course they know,” Pia said back, “Training, any types, are usually spread around for others entertainment.”

“Entertainment?” Kyo echoed with a glint in her eyes.

“Yeah,” Pia smiled, “but doesn’t an audience encourage you?”

“Yes, it does!” Kyo laughed.

“Okay, well, for this lesson; it’s balance.” Pia announced.

Kyo glanced at the same amount of crowd and grinned. Everyone looked so intense, watching the training carefully—taking every word in.

“Balance,” Kyo repeated.

“Yes, and I don’t know if you noticed the set up …” Pia gestured towards the lake, where the training will mostly be held, I guess.

The “set up” was mainly just a beam and a rope that was floating above the water. But it still looked intriguing and … difficult.

“Since the rope is pretty thin, it’ll probably be a hard task if you’re not used to walking on it.” Pia added.

Kyo nodded, “I definitely haven’t done that before.”

“Well, go into that shack over there and change into your swimsuit again—I have no doubt that you’ll be falling into that water.” She smiled.

Kyo stood, “Right.”

“Hey, do you know if we’re allowed to swim while you’re training?” Kiel asked.

  “What? That’s a dumb question—of course we’re not!” Margaret interjected, “And even if we were; we shouldn’t.”

“Why not?” He pouted.

Marg. rolled her eyes, “because we’ll be a distraction, obviously.”

 Kyo blinked, “How?”

Margaret smiled at her, “If we’re in the water, you’ll be too focused on trying not to fall on us, wouldn’t you? And you should be allowed to fall in to the water freely! And of course if you’re exhausted and you almost drown—Pia will drop in and save you. And if not her—one of us will.” She winked at her.