Chapter Thirteen: Resting by No Means

            The Old Man stared curiously at her while his grandson continued to glare at her.

            She held up her right palm, “Excuse me, if you will.”

            As he nodded, she quickly turned away towards her companions. “Margaret, Dylas.” She hissed.

            “What?” they both synchronized.

            She sighed, grabbing a hold of her bangs, pulling on it slightly, “I think I know why this town seems so different.”

            “What in god’s name are they doing here?” Dylas growled, tail rising slightly.

            “We need to calm down guys,” Margaret reasoned, “What if they’re … still trying to track down the orbs?”

            “Maybe,” Kyo agreed, crossing her knees, “but that’s no reason to control a whole village.”

            “That’s true, but … what other reason could there be?” Margaret said, frustrated.

            “They need as much control they can get, that’s why. They’ll stop at nothing. Monsters, they are.” Chimed in an unfamiliar voice.

            Margaret and Kyo seemed surprised, jumping slightly over the pavement. Dylas merely glanced in his direction.

            “What are you doing here?” Kyo wondered aloud, looking up on the roof of the building.

            Kai gracefully jumped off, landing in a crouched position. “Curious.”

            “More like nosy,” Dylas muttered.

            “Perhaps,” Kai admitted, “but how else was I to know if you weren’t lying to my Grandpa-pa, he will believe anything he hears really—can’t trust the man’s knowledge sometimes.”

            “We’re not sechs,” Kyo hissed, “we’re not as low as them.”

            “Low?” Kai echoed, “what makes you call them low?”

            “Because they are.”

            “Then you guys must know who exactly they are.” He mused.

            “Yeah …”

            “What is your business in this town then?” kai challenged.

            Kyo sighed heavily, “This was supposed to be a trip! A Vacation,” she mumbled.

            “A pity then,” he mused again, “to have settled into a dump.”

            Margaret’s eyes snapped up to his, “How would you say such a thing about your own town?”

            He shrugged mindlessly, “It’s only the truth, and you know it.”

            “This place is no dump, sir. The only downside to everything is that the Sechs are in town. Other than that … I would say this Village is pretty peaceful.”

            “Peaceful,” he scoffed, “Oh please.”

            “It is pretty peaceful,” Margaret mused.

            Kai clenched his jaw, “Are you guys staying for the night?”

            “More like for a few weeks,” Frey corrected.

            Kai sighed, “I see.” He huffed. “Well, come this way.” He ordered.

            Slightly glancing at each other, they followed without any complaints.

            “Ay-ya,” the grandpa-pa hissed, “what have you done now Kai?”

            Kai rolled his eyes, “I have done nothing grandpa. Honest. These guys are crazy—“

            “Don’t talk like that to their face, you idiot.” The grandpa-pa continued to hiss.

            “Oy, calm down gramps, we’re not Sechs,” Dylas butted in, annoyed by Kai’s child play.

            “Huu?” the grandpa sighed, “..what is this?”

            Kai shrugged, “They’re just tourists, nothing to be afraid of. I bet they can’t even lay a finger on us.” He sneered.

            “I wouldn’t count on it,” Dylas growled.

            Kai shrugged, “We should let them stay in the guest room.”

            The grandpa-pa started to smile, “Yes. My name is Mal, I am Kai’s grand-pa-pa. What’s your names?”

[A/N]:

Part 2 of their trip, hope it was okaii. :L [sloooow updates ya’ll]