Chapter Nine: Let's Party(This is War)

Chapter Nine: Let’s Party(This is War)

“I know this is war, but the rest of us are trying to pretend it's a party.” 

***

Kyo POV

When the day ticked 10:00, Kyo slipped on her baggy pajamas and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. She carried extra scrunches’ on her wrist—just in case. As she walked out the front, she happened to walk by Vishnal…and Xiao Pai? They were talking privately in the corner—and she couldn’t help getting a weird feeling in her stomach. She shook her head; she had no absolute reason to get jealous…. ‘They weren’t together anymore; he could do whatever he wanted.’ She thought bitterly.

She turned away. “Ah, Dylas, Hey.” She greeted while trotting up to him. He looked past her and cocked his head curiously.

“That looks wrong,” he stated, smirking knowingly at her.

She looked away and shrugged, “It has nothing to with me.”

He grinned, stepping closer, “Wanna…get back at him?” he raised a brow suggestively.

She shook her head, “Revenge is pointless and like I said; it has nothing to do with me.” She huffed, trying to sidestep him, but he gently grasped her wrist.

He tsked, “Stubborn as always,” his gaze flickered again, “nice outfit, are you going to the girls ‘slumber party’ thing?”

She gave a ‘duh’ look, “Um…yea, aren’t you going to the guys?”

He leaned towards her, slinging his arms over her shoulders; slightly hugging her closer to him. “I was invited, yes. But…”

“But..?” she prompted. Suddenly alert of their proximity.

He smiled, “But I guess I could go now.”

“What do you mean ‘now’?”

“I figured since everyone’s going; I should go too instead of…being a loner at the restaurant.”

She smirked, “Aw…you do get lonely, how cute.”

He scoffed. “When I’m lonely, I could just mess with you, right?” he winked.

She reached up and gripped her elbows, smiling sheepishly, “Right.” She said slowly.

“Do you want me to escort you to Margaret’s house?” he offered.

“No, it’s okay—“

“I won’t take no for an answer,” he said, already starting to walk ahead.

She huffed, “Then why’d you bother asking?”

He turned back to her, smirking, “Just trying to be nice.”

“Trying but failing miserably,” she retorted lamely.

He laughed, “Come on.” He reached out his hand, looking at her expectantly.

She stared at the hand, surprised.

She slowly smiled and took it, intertwining it with hers. She bumped his shoulder with hers, “You confuse me sometimes.” She chuckled.

As they continued to walk, he smiled, “How so?”

“You’re a jerk—“

“How kind.”

“—sometimes,” she finished, “but also very…nice and generous—mostly but…”

“But…?”