Chapter Twelve: The Decision

Chapter Twelve: The decision

[ A/N:]

Movie Saturday! :D

_________________

            “We get to go where?” Kyo cried excitedly.

            Venti grinned, “I didn’t know that your residence was here because you thought yourself prisoner.”

            Kyo swallowed, “I just … don’t know the surroundings outside of Selphia.” She admitted.

            “A shame really,” Venti tsked, “There are other beautiful towns that you should visit, Frey, and I would like you to go and visit them.”

            “But this—is a very big step, Venti, I couldn’t—“

            “Oh yes you can,” Venti scowled. “If you’re going to be this difficult Frey, I ought to assign you a chaperone.”

            “Oh, Venti, you embarrass me,” Kyo frowned, “but it would be nice to share this experience with someone, yeah?” she smiled. “So who?”

            “That’s all on you, Frey.” Venti grinned, “You get to pick two companions. And this trip will be for about a few weeks, so choose wisely.”

            “Only two?” Frey frowned.

            Venti only laughed, “Be happy that you’re not going alone, Frey. I only had been allowed to go alone on my travels.”

            “Oh, I-I’m sorry, Venti.” She rushed out quickly.

            “For what?”

            “For seeming ungrateful.” She sighed.

            “Nonsense, nonsense. Now hurry Frey, you must choose your companions before the festival tomorrow.”

            “Why?” she questioned.

            “The festival will distract anyone of your departure. If the townsfolk were to find out … well, they ought to not find out.”

            Kyo only laughed, “Yes. Ma’am.”

            The first person she sought out was Margaret, seeming she chose to at least have a female as a companion. And who else besides her?

            “Ah, Kyo, what brings you here at such an early hour?” Marg. greeted.

            “Erm … Margaret, can I speak to you? In private.” Kyo added.

            “Of … course.” Margaret’s eyebrows furrowed, “Can you wait a while until my customers leave? I only have 2 at the moment.”

            Kyo smiled broadly, “Of course.”

            “So what is it?” Margaret asked, dusting off her hands on her apron.

            “I never realized that your shop was so popular.” Kyo admitted sheepishly.