Chapter Six: Summertime(Part One) (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Chapter Six: Summertime(Part One): Second Chances?

“Don’t ever use someone’s past against them. You’re just reminding them of the mistakes they made back then. If you watch their facial expression carefully, then you’ll see the hurt in their eyes as they reminisce everything that happened. Never use emotion as a weapon, it strikes deeper than you can imagine.”

(⊙_◎)

Kyo {Frey} POV:

“Ms. Kyooooo!” Someone bellowed into my room.

“Ah!” She automatically sat up, “ Volcanon, what a fabulous surprise.” She said tiredly and in sarcasm.

“Indeed,” he agreed, “now what are you doing still in bed? It’s 6 in the morning!”

Exactly,” she scowled. “Can’t ever get a break around here,” she muttered.

“B-but it’s—“ he began.

“Out!” she said. “I’ll get up in an hour, promise.”

“Mm.” he sighed disapprovingly. “Okay, can’t be helped. I’ll come back in a minute.”

“Wh—?” she protested.

Without a glance back, he stepped out the room.

She grunted and yawned, “Whatever…”

She stretched and laid down her head—

“What are you doing? Get your ass up!”

She glared. “Can’t I take a short rest?”

No,” Dylas scowled, “it’s the beginning of Summertime and you’re supposed to be the ‘idol’ so you have to go and—parade around.”

“Parade around,” she mocked, “what does that even mean?”

“Um…you know, greeting the new town guests; usually more people come on festivals. Hand out ‘goodies’—“

“Goodies,” she muttered, “right.”

“—entertainment?”

“Entertain how?”

“I dunno, magic tricks? Aren’t you like a “pro” at that or something?”

She sighed, “Yes..” she groggled out.

“Sword tricks?” he suggested.

She gave him a blank stare. “I thought we already agreed on “Magic Tricks”?”

He glared, “Why are you being so lazy today?”

“Cut her some slack, Horsie, she’s already been through a lot because of the town. It’s a festival, a time for relaxation, eh Frey?” Vishnal interjected, slinging an arm over Dylas’ shoulders.

“See? He gets me.” She muttered, hovering an arm over her eyes, zoning out. “…Vishnal, why aren’t you wearing any clothes?”

“I am wearing clothes, Frey,” he said, “it’s Summer; it’s hot. A time to wear… bathing suits.”

She laughed, “Hear that Dylas? You guys get to check out girls in skimpy swimsuits—“

“Even you?” Dylas and Vishnal both asked simultaneously.

They glanced at each other—making growling sounds?

She turned over in her bed, “Get out.”