Chapter 14

~David's P.O.V~

I haven't been able to bring myself to talk to Max I can't help but think its my fault that he was admitted to the hospital and to find out that this wasn't the first time that this has happened to him. How young was he the first time how long had it been going on and why didn't he tell anyone at camp or ask for help. "David you have to speak with him" a girls voice said catching my attention making me look there way. "Gwen you don't understand it's my fault this happened if I had just brought him with me or came home sooner" I put my head in my hands and rubbed my face. "I mean I knew he had a dark past but I didn't know it was that bad" my hands flew up before Gwen put her hand on my shoulder. "David your the only one he wants to talk to he wont talk to anyone else" she game me a reassuring smile. "You know your right I feel bad but I can just imagine how Max is feeling about all this and to top it off I haven't gone to see him because I felt like he didn't want to see me. Gwen thank you" I say speed walking toward where Max was. "I'm so sorry Max I didn't even think" I said bursting through the door making Max jump I guess that wasn't the best idea I think walking toward Max. I just made it to Max when he stood up and started shouting at me. "Why weren't you there I was so scared why didn't you save me you said you'd always keep me safe!!" I knew it he did blame me I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him I just stood there then something I would never had of expected happened. Max hugged me he was sobbing into my chest still standing on the hospital bed. "Max" I said before going to hug him back I couldn't hold it back anymore I began to cry as well. Max and I sat there crying and hugging for almost a half an hour before he passed out in my arms. I went to lay Max down on the bed but soon realized that Max would not let go of my shirt he had gotten a death grip on it and was not letting go anytime soon. I give a small smile felling a little better knowing that Max was safe and sighed sitting on the bed with Max in my arms falling asleep.

~TIMESKIP~ ~Max's P.O.V~     

I woke up felling more safe and comfortable than I had for the last couple days I soon realized that I was on top of David causing me to have to think about what happened for David to be here. I had no idea why I was in the hospital nor why I was sleeping on top of David. What's going on I thought before David began to sit up. "David what the fuck is going on why are we in the hospital?" I looked at David in confusion causing him to bolt straight up and look at me. "Y-you don't remember?" he stuttered looking like the color had left his face. David then got up and said that he would be right back. I sat there for a while before David came back and I asked him again why on earth we where in a hospital. David paused before saying "you fell and hit your head on the kitchen counter" David looked am with a serious face. "God I must of hit me head pretty bad not to remember even hitting my head" I said now thinking that my memory loss made sense now. 

~David's P.O.V~

I know that I shouldn't have lied to Max but the doctors said that if he didn't want to remember I shouldn't tell him what really happened the only problem now is Max can't help us find the man who did this to him. The doctors said that after they gave Max one more check to see if he was alright before we left it may have almost have been time to take his cast off but they still had to double triple check to make sure that what happened didn't re-break his leg. About an hour later it was time to go. Max didn't need his crutches anymore the doctor said as Max came out with a new cast on his leg walking with only a little bit of difficulty. "I'm hungry" Max sated as walked up to me I chuckled and said "alright where do you wanna go?".