Chapter 29

~ No P.O.V ~

"So Max what did David wanna talk to you about I mean now that your talking again?" Nikki questioned proceeding to fall off the bed. "Yea? I mean what ever it was you seem to be doing much better now" Neil added. The tent fell silent for a moment before Max finally decided to tell them what was going on. "Well a couple days ago after the big brawl with my 'aunt' someone pissed me off so I went for a walk and then Jason followed me, I guess my injuries where worse than the paramedics thought, because when I woke up I was in Preston's tent and I guess I panicked and then I spent the next like two days thinking about it". The silence continued before a noise came from outside the tent "who's there!" Max shouted sprinting up and out of the tent and jumping on the figure outside. "Preston!?" Max, Nikki, Neil said in unison before grabbing Preston and dragging him into the tent to find out what he heard. "I swear I only heard just before you heard me!" Preston yelled before being told to shut up "Preston I know you hear more than that" Max said looking away before continuing. "But if you know what happened in-between me going for my walk and me waking up in your tent, I think your eavesdropping is enough to make you talk" Max scowled turning his gaze towards Preston. "Yea you gotta tell us!" Nikki shouted before attempting to look all serious. Preston to a breath "you want to know everything I know?" he questioned sounding very unsure weather he should tell the whole story or not. " Yes Preston why would I ask if I didn't wanna know the whole fucking thing!" Max began to raise his voice. "Ok ok" was all Preston said before telling the story. "Well what I know is David went to go find you and Jason, But when he came back he burst into the mess hall and asked me to keep an eye on you well he went to do something with police officers" 

"Wait police officers what where they doing here?" Max interrupted. "I don't know but when they came back they where arresting Jason". "I knew that guy was a shit!" Max shouted before telling Preston to continue filling in the missing pieces of the last couple days. "Well after I went into the cabin you where acting odd, I tried to have a conversation with you but you where having none of it then you um.., your sure you wanna hear the rest of what happened in the cabin?" Preston seemed almost scared to finish the story. "Yes now hurry the fuck up i'm getting tired". "Well after the awkward silence I was going to say something again but when I turned my head to speak to you, you well uh YOU KISSED ME!" Preston shouted that last part before covering his face sure he wasn't going to hear the end of it now, But what he was met with was silence. Preston peaked out from behind his hands only to see the shocked expressions and to his surprise a slight blush on Max's face. "You kissed Preston" Nikki began in a sing song voice causing the blush on Max's face. "Nikki! I get it stupid shit happened now I just wanna know what happened for me to wake up in your tent!". Max shouts clearly embarrassed. " Oh that's real easy to answer I was walking around after David came back and we ran into each other then you passed out, I figured you'd be mad if I brought you to your tent so I brought you to my tent where you fell off the bed scared me half to death and then had a death grip on my arm, in turn causing you to wake up beside me" Preston said the last bit very quickly. Preston needed to get away so he got up and tried to escape but to no avail. "Preston what the fuck! now I know your lying" Max said the tent fell silent again.