Chapter 7

(Nine one one whats your emergency?) the person on the other side of the phone said start a conversation with David.

"uh hello I have a concern about a young boy that I was a camp counselor for and would like to report abuse" David stated then stood on the phone waiting for a reply.

(I see do you have any proof of this or did you just have a feeling if so it will be hard for us to do anything about it) the person said concerned but serious. 

"I don't have any proof other than another child's eye account but the child's family is having a dinner party tomorrow to witch I have been invited is there anyway that we can set something up to make sure the child is safe" David questioned not wanting the police to do nothing about the situation.

(If you can come into the station we could talk about it) the person on the phone said.

"Alright i'm on my way there right now" David said now that he was told what he could do. the the person thanked David for calling and the hung up. David then proceeded to ask Nikki, and Nile if they would like a ride home before he went to the police station witch they replied with no. David said bye to the kids and rushed to his car to drive to the station. With in fifteen minuets David had made it to the police station and was waiting to talk to an officer. "Hello i'm officer Woods and what brings you here today sir" The office asked drawing David attention to him.

"Oh hi i'm David I phoned in about fifteen twenty minuets ago about a child who I believe is getting abused by his parents" David said shaking the officers hand. The officer lead David into his office and asks him to sit down.

"So you believe that a child is being abused by there parents is that right? You should know that unless you have proof it will be very difficult for us to do anything" the officer stated and then took notice of David expression. "I take it you have no proof" the officer continued and then waited for a reply.

"I uh I don't have any huge proof but I've heard from people who are very close to him that they've noticed abusive behavior from his parents" David stated and then thought of an idea. "Wait if there having a dinner party in witch i'm invited maybe because i'll be in the house I could wear a wire I just want to make sure that hes going to be alright" David said pleading to the officer.

"When is this dinner party?" the officer questioned seeing how serious David was made him want to help him. 

"Tomorrow at six pm" David said hoping the officer would help make sure Max would be alright.

"I see that you are very serious about this and I would like to help you. Here's what I can do. Tomorrow at five pm come to the station and we will set up the wire along with one police unit that will be listening in on what is going on ready to intervene if anything happens. We will also have you carry a secondary recording device to give to the child just in case you do not get anything well your there. Alright" the officer finished speaking and David jumped up and smiled nodding and shaking the officers hand.

"Tomorrow at five see you then" David said leaving the police station. When David got to his car he realized that if his parents where abusive and they where arrested that Max wouldn't have a place to live anymore or a family. On his way back to his house David put some serious thought into what he discovered and the answer he came up with was if it came down to it and Max needed a place to stay and agreed to it that he would take Max in whether it be just for a short while or adoption he would help Max any way he could. 

~TIMESKIP~     

The next day David woke up and began thinking about what might happen and what he was going to say to the officer about what he thought about the night prior. Throughout the day David went thought his normal routine checking the clock and counting down till this risky situation he was going to put himself in. Max on the other hand was having a really difficult day the night before he spent prepping food trying to make his day a bit easier but that didn't work his day just became more and more difficult between cleaning and cooking Max was exhausted.

~FIVE PM~

David had just arrived at the police station and greeted officer Woods and they spoke for a while well the other workers where setting the wire up on David. 

"I was uh wondering about what would happen with Max if his parents where to be arrested" David asked already knowing the answer but had to find a way to bring up him taking Max in.

"If it's found that his parents are abusive then he would be put with another family member, foster care, or an orphanage unless you had someone else in mind?" the officer said questioning David.

"Actually I was wondering that if he wanted it if I could take him in I put a lot of thought into it and believe I would do well as a faster parent or adoptive parent" David answered the officer with another question. 

"Well if he dose want to stay with you there should be no problem with that" The officer said checking the time. "Alright you can head to the dinner party now we will be close by just in case anything happens" the officer continued ushering David out the door so he would not be late. 

David made it to Max's house and paused at the door until he hear a voice "You gonna knock or just stand there cause they got food!". David jumped "Nikki you startled me" David said proceeding to knock on the door. Not anymore than a minuet later the door opened and like previous times Nikki, and Nile noticed how Max was the only person they had ever seen open the door. "Oh hi guys come on in right now everyone's just talking but make yourself's at home" Max said inviting David, Nikki, and Nile into his house. This was the first time Max had ever had people he actually cared about inside his house and he was not looking forward to what was going to happen after dinner. Before any of the three of them could even say anything to Max he was already rushing off toward the kitchen. After Nikki, and Nile walked off to go find Max David ran into Max's parents and began to try and get evidence against them but they where very good at acting like the caring parents that David just knew they weren't. While all this was going on Max was in the kitchen working on dinner. "Hey Max what-cha doing?" Nikki questioned causing Max to almost drop the carrots. 

"Gah!! Nikki what the hell you should never scare someone who's cooking you or them could get hurt!" Max shouted at her before quickly getting back to work.

"Hey Max I didn't know you could cook" Nile said kind of impressed as he couldn't even make a bowl of microwaveable Mr.noodles. 

"Yea Max how long have you been cooking for?" Nikki asked causing Max to have to stop what he is doing to reply to his friends.

"I've been cooking for a while now please stop bugging me if you want to be in here sit down and be quiet" Max scolded his friends who where intrigued by Max cooking so they sat down and watched. What Max was cooking was far beyond what any normal kid should be able to cook.

~TIMESKIP~          

Max had finally finished preparing dinner and placed the food on the table unnoticed by any of the adults at the party. After Max placed the food on the table he went to tell his parents that dinner was ready and they could begin eating now.