Chapter 15

Max and David decided to stop at A&W that was near the hospital. Max got a small meal David was beginning to notice how Max ate so little it wasn't healthy but right now he didn't want to say anything Max seemed to be in higher spirits than he was in the hospital so David just let it be. "Hey Max wanna go to the toy store and pick out a new toy?" David questioned causing Max's eyes to light up. "I'll take that as a yes" David said now done my food throwing out my garbage and then waiting for Max to finish eating. 

~TIMESKIP~ ~Max's P.O.V~

David and I had to stop off at home to drop a couple things off before we could go to the store. "You ready to go Max" David asked me as I made my way toward the car to be honest I was excited it's been years since I had got to pick out anything I wanted from a store let alone a toy. I think David could tell because he kept smiling a bigger smile than I had seen in a while I think Bringing me into his house has been a lot for him i'm just glad we haven't killed each other. "Alright Max where here" David parked the car and got out saying. If way calmer I wouldn't have gotten stuck in the car I guess David noticed that fact and the defeat on my face and gladly opened the door for me. I carefully got out of the car remembering the cast on my leg it was finally time what I had been waiting for since lunch. I in such a good mood that I didn't even notice when David took hold of my hand. Things are really looking up for me I thought as we entered the store. 

~David's P.O.V~ 

When Max and I entered the toy store I could swear I saw stars in his eye he actually look like a kid without any adult worries or troubles it felt nice. I was so caught up in the moment that I couldn't hear Max trying to talk to me until he pinched my hand grabbing my attention. Max lead me all the way through the store until we had looked through everything. Max then pulled me back the second place we looked at pointing and telling me that he wanted a book about music. I was kinda shocked to see that Max wanted a book about music but happy to see that he was happy. "Alright Max grab the book and lets go pay". Max grabbed the book and we made our way over to the cashier. "Will that be all" they said scanning the book I replied with a big smile and a nod. When we got into the car Max ripped the book out of the bag and started reading it right away. I chuckled gaining a response from him "whats so funny?" he looked at me for a minuet before shaking his head and returning to his book. "I think it's nice to see you in such good spirits". Max just shrugs and continues reading. When we got home Max had passed out well still holding his book it was a pretty long day for him I guess. I picked Max up and brought him and his book inside. I placed his book down on his shelf and then placed him in his own bed covering him and giving him a kiss on the forehead "goodnight Max" I smile shutting the door. Within twenty minuets i'm ready for bed myself I walked around the house making sure everything was locked then made my way upstairs. Now for a good nights rest I thought only closing my eyes for a moment before I heard Max screaming from downstairs. I got up so quickly that the blood rush to my head making me dizzy causing me to stub my toe on my way out of my room. I made it downstairs and to Max's room. When I opened the door I saw Max flailing around still screaming I didn't know what to do except wake him up. I quickly walked up to the side of his bed took a deep breath and calmly took Max's shoulder and began trying to wake him. "Max... Max it's alright your home... Come on Max you gotta wake up now" I said soft and slow so I wouldn't scare him. Within seconds his eyes shot open and he latched onto me shaking. I spent the rest of the night in his room with him attached to me. Even if I wanted to leave I couldn't I thought rubbing Max back and falling asleep.