I Love You

He listens to her melody, shining above the hellish night. Around him, darkness, but beyond lies the sovereign light. Deep within him, the Spirit awakens, from a spark to fire bright. Hearing his calling, the unconditional love, a passion of divine might...

And just as he turns to answer the light, the enemy within stirs from the blight...

Darkness, roaring in his face. Fear condemns, threatening to deface. Wrath violent, anger's warspace. Danger imminent, rearing defiant apace...

And he looks at the devil before him, and prepares to brace... His heart his soul, for the battle rhythm pace. And as he takes his sword and his mace, he feels the lovesong melody's gentle embrace...

"I love you..."

Silence. The enemy frozen still. Sword dropped. Mace clanging to the ground. Ten thousand times he has faced the demons within, ten thousand times he has been falling therein. Just like this abomination before him. But not this time. This time he feels something greater than the division of night, something undefeated, sovereign almight... This time something embraces him with beautiful light, something victorious, divine insight...

And he fears.

He fears the judgement of the light, more than the condemnation of darkness night. He fears he can never be forgiven, more than the hatred of evil blight. He fears he can never be loved, more than the wrath of the devil's might. He fears he can never give love, more than the abyss of hellish sight...

He fears his lover, he fears her...

The enemy before him, the enemy within. The calling above him, the destiny therein. To be reunited with his love, even if he is unworthy. To come back home, to the Kingdom praiseworthy...

A choice. Go home, or fight. Fight the demon, the demons within, fight himself, his soul, his Spirit. Ten thousand times he chose to fight the demons, blind to the Truth that he is fighting only his heart. Ten thousand times he denied the light, blind to love's call set apart...

Sword. Mace. Axe. Darkness. Left on the ground. Silent.

And he says to the light, "I'm unworthy. Help me."