The Light

She looks at her sister. Ellie. Wounded, maimed, blinded by the night. Hurting, bleeding, fallen from the light. The light within her heart, emanating rays of divine sovereign might... Pure love, glorious innocence, resurrected alight...

Her sister looks at her aura, eyes filled with terror, and cries... Silent sobs, sobs of despair, tormented despise... The enemy whispers, the serpent hisses - "the light shall condemn"... The darkness roars, the abyss speaks, of chaos mayhem...

"Ellie... It's me..."

A tear of pain, a tear of recognition, as she turns from the night... And slowly, painstakingly, emerges into the light... And the rays of hope, beams of faith, fill her with might... Love unconditional, grace infinite, inundates her sight...

"Olivia..."

And she bows down. Shame, guilt, fear, crushing her soul. Kneeling before her feet, choking on her tears, preparing to beg for mercy...

A hand, holding hers. Olivia. Warmth spreads into her body, into her soul... The warmth of love, the warmth of compassion, the warmth of the light...

The light...

"Give me the light..." She screams, grabbing Olivia's hand, seeking to grasp it, possess it, control it, become it...

And she lets go.

"I'm not worthy..."

"I don't care..."

She looks into the tearing eyes of her sister, and a reverent awe saturates her heart. Beauty, faith, glory, grace... The infinite presence of heaven's embrace... And the light flows into her, heals her, transforms her, believes in her, loves her, nurtures her, rebirths her...

Resurrects her...

An orb of light, deep within her heart. Pulsing, expanding, nurtured by her presence, by her faith. A vision. A dark door, a serpent, a key. The rebellion of the darkness within, seeking to destroy the newfound light. The door tempts her, the serpent calls to her, desires her...

"Look at me..."

The radiant joy on her sister's face, the glorious hope in her embrace... Infinite, beautiful, unconditional love for her... No limits, no darkness, just light, just light... Infinite, beautiful light...

And the door closes. The serpent slithers away. A cosmic wave of peace rests deep in her spirit. Something materialises in her grasp. Something metal, something cold, something dark...

She opens her hand.

The key.