Awakening

"No... This can't be..."

Her breath. Shallow. Her complexion. Shadowed. Sammy. Chloe. Emma. They left heaven for hell. They are all down there. She condemned them there. To burn in the fire. Drown in desire. Be ravaged by hellfire...

Forever...

Tears. Sorrow. Pain. Pain unspoken. Pain unheard. Pain unbroken. Pain deferred. The pain of heaven descending into night, the pain of her beloved dying to twilight... The pain of heartbreak, the pain of sight... The pain of seeing her love falling into blight...

Collapsed. Upon the hellish earth. Weeping, weeping, expecting the light to condemn her, expecting the sovereign to punish, to damn her to hell... Crying, crying, believing that love has forsaken her, expecting the divine to fall, into darkness' spell...

Nothing.

It was all a lie. The serpent. The key... The doors. The promise to set them free... The temptation. The darkness' plea... The rebellion. The blasphemous decree...

"Traitor!"

And she falls onto her knees. Betrayed. Alone. Condemned. Hating the darkness with all her heart, all her strength, all her soul... Hating the fall with all her spirit, all her passion, her entire whole... So she chooses to defeat it. Crush it. Destroy it. Defeat the enemy, crush the shadows, destroy the fallen... With the wrath flowing through her veins, she chooses it. Desires it. Wants it. She chooses to annihilate the darkness, desires to transcend the rebellion, wants to fight the evil...

And he embraces her.

And she cries.

"Why do you love me..." She hides her naked wounds... "I've tempted you... Ravaged you... Scarred you..." He strokes her flowing hair... "Because you're beautiful..." He caresses her bleeding cheeks... "I came here for you..." She looks deep into his eyes...

"I believe in you."

She smiles.

"I came here to save them. You came here to save me. We're not so different..."

A gentle warmth enters her chest.

"And deep down inside, I know that you love me, no matter what..."

She blushes.

"And even if we are down here forever, I will always be yours..."

Tears trickle down her intoxicated presence...

"I love you..."