Death

Darkness. Past the door... The serpent's key withheld in his hand... The key to the doors of hell, the key that leads him to Ellie...

No. He's not here for the key. He's here for Ellie. For Ellie. For the light, her light, their light...

And the serpent whispers... "I am the light..."

So the light leads him... Succubus after succubus, demon after demon, infernal after infernal... Closer, closer, closer to the endless pit...

The abyss.

"Christ is the lie..." Whispers the serpentine light. "He is dead..." Hisses the fallen. "There is no resurrection..." Groans the darkness. "And you are with him..." Roars the shadows...

But he will not believe.

A figure in the shadows, emerging from the twilight. revealing the horror before him, the forgotten angel beyond him, the fallen light above him...

Ellie.

He runs towards her, reaching for her shadowy form. Fallen, duskfallen feathers instead of wings of light. Scars on her cheeks, tears of pain and sorrow. Her skin, naked, her body, ravaged beyond recognition. Her soul, wounded, her heart, maimed by dark ambition...

"Who are you?"

She turns away, her razor-sharp words severing his heart...

"Ellie..."

His attempt to advance... Her condemned glance... The deafening tension... Her eternal descension... Her bloody tears... His reborn fears... His hope dying... Her silent crying...

She flies away.

Silence.

Trembling at the abyss before him, enthralled by the gaze of the darkness below him, beckoned by the shadows above him, tempted by the fear engulfing him...

"No... This can't be..."

A spark. Not of light. But of hate. Hatred towards the light. Hatred towards the darkness. Hatred towards the knowledge, the knowledge of the good corrupted, the evil sovereign, the fallen light... A tear. The venom of heartbreak. Deathly fear. The beckoning of the darkness. The corruption near. The hatred of the fallen. Poisonous severe...

"I hate you, Lucifer, for killing her. I hate you... But I promise you, with this spark within me, I will make this right..."

And he believes.