four

Fergus James
••• Golden Age •••

Fergus James••• Golden Age •••

took a walk around scary town

saw the face of another

no, you don't seem to get around

with that smile i remember

•••••

TW/ mild gore

"Jay is so jealous," Cole commented as we stood at the gates of Starfarer amusement park. A large, iridescent banner, replicating the look of deep space, was hung over the golden gates. 'Grand Opening!' was spelt out in bold white.

"We'll take lots of pictures," Lloyd said smugly, before squeaking when I gave his stomach a tap.
"You boys be nice," I chastised, struggling to hide my own amusement. They snickered unashamedly.
"Hey, what took you guys so long?" Naomi asked as she linked her arm through mine and lead me through the opening gates of the park. It was bustling with families and couples alike, mingling amongst workers in costumes of characters from the franchise. Cole and Lloyd walked behind us, chuckling amongst themselves. Probably about something gross. As boys do.
"We stopped in Jamanakai," I murmured quietly, wincing when I heard Lloyd's laugh hitched in guilt. He swiftly put on a facade and so did I. "He wanted for me to show him around. Favourite places and such. I'm sorry that we lost track of time."
Naomi waved it off. As fast as she was to get angry, she was just as quick to forgive.
"What did you guys do while you were waiting?" I queried, lining up to get our day passes. The shouting of hundreds of people was almost deafening. Naomi shot me a sly smirk.
"You don't wanna know," she purred. I gasped a shocked laugh, smacking her shoulder.
"NAOMI!" I exclaimed, cheeks red. She cackled before shaking her head.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," she stressed with an amused grin as we were handed our passes. "Nah, we just watched youtube in the car. Now! My mom wants photos!"
Naomi quickly took a snap of the park's entrance before turning to the boys. Cole was already expectantly holding out his hand - our photographer, it seemed. Until he was also in the photo, in which Lloyd or I would be taking it.
We meandered our way around the grounds, taking in the sights of the galaxy-action themed sci-fi nerd park. It was Lloyd's heaven.
My favourite ride was the four-dimensional pilot ride, where it looked, felt, sounded and even smelt like we were piloting Fritz Donegan's ship through an asteroid field. Naomi's favourite was the roller coaster imperial sludge, Cole's was the space viper bumper cars and Lloyd's - well, he just loved everything.
"I think my insides have been all rearranged," I grumbled nauseously as I stumbled out of the most recent ride - the drop of doomegan. I appreciated the wordplay of the name, but my stomach did not appreciate the ride itself.