twenty-two

Lonely God
••• Won't Stop •••

my mindset's been bad since the day i left

since i could ride a skateboard or read a treble cleft

when i'm not high im either paranoid or bored to death

and i dont wanan say it, but im scared of all the mess

•••••

TW: PTSD, mentions of blood/gore, serious illness (fantastical)

I won't be going too deep into the hands of time, so prior knowledge of the season would be best to read this chapter! It isn't required tho :)

The cell in which Axon, one of the masters of the mind, rotted in, was located underground and deep within the impenetrable walls of Kryptarium Prison.

It was a labyrinth just to reach the cell itself - a journey of twists and turns, security checks and beeping card readers. The black, stone walls held no warmth, and Lloyd found himself on the verge of feeling claustrophobic as he ventured after Warden Noble through the underground tunnels. It was like the walls itself were attempting to wrangle the air from his lungs.
"Tight security," Lloyd had mentioned offhandedly as the team was squeezed through another metal doorway. He didn't miss how it was reinforced through with vengestone, and noted that if anything were to go awry, he nor his team would be able to rely on their powers for a quick offence.
Warden Noble turned back and sent Lloyd a giddy smile. His hands fidgeted with a large ring of keys. He was a fanboy, much to Lloyd's amusement, but it was not lost on him how if he took off his mask, chirpy, bubbly Warden Noble would not hesitate to throw the son of Lord Garmadon into his very own vengestone cell.
Probably.

"Only the best, since you requested it so!" Warden Noble gushed with stars in his eyes. "We'd never had an elemental master in custody before. He makes for charming conversation."
Lloyd thought back to all the times Axon declared how much he wanted Lloyd's head detached from his body. He lifted a gloved hand and rubbed his neck.
"I bet."
Zane was the only other ninja who was quietly observing his surroundings; Kai and Nya were bickering and Jay and Cole were having an in-depth conversation about who, out of those imprisoned in Kryptarium, was the worst villain that they had fought. The master of ice finally broke his silence.
"How long did it take for you to gather this much vengestone?"
Of course the vast quantity of it wouldn't have slipped past Zane. He was probably scanning each and every corridor, let alone every single speck of dust on the wall.