seventeen

Imperial Mammoth
••• Requiem On Water •••

Imperial Mammoth••• Requiem On Water •••

and though your arms and legs are under

love will be the echo in your ears when all is lost and plunder

my love will be there still

•••••

trying a little something new with the formatting - give it a read and tell me if you want me to keep the new format or the old one :)

Also!!! I've just started my university course again and this year is supposed to be totally full on, so updates won't come as frequently, sorry!

"I want your parents to meet Uchū."

I stared at the ceiling of my dorm with wide eyes. The leg that had been merrily swinging, balanced over my other knee, stilled.
"Pardon me?" I spluttered, shyly missing yanking out my lock of hair that I had been curling around my finger. Violet, finally back from wherever she went, looked over from her bed at my startled voice.
"I want your parents to meet my grandfather," Lloyd repeated confidently.
I blinked once, twice, and had to replay his sentence in my head another four times before I could manage to even move my mouth.
I ended up gaping like a fish, unable to find even a scrap of a word.
"You still there?" he asked.
"I- I am," I stammered. My messy duvet curled and dipped as I sat up, eyes still wide open and staring hard at the designs on my quilt. "I just- wow. Really?"
"Why not?" he commented nonchalantly. "I want your family to meet mine. Sure, it's a little unconventional-"
"A little," I breathed with a shake of my head. "Lloyd, you forget-"

Abruptly remembering my company, my words stopped dead. Seeking privacy, I quickly shoved my feet into my slippers and fled the room, ignoring the way Violet's eyebrows raised at my swift exit.
"I forget..?" Lloyd egged curiously at my silence. I glanced up and down the hall before turning towards the storage cupboard and lowering my voice to a whisper.
"You forget how... important your grandfather is, Lloyd!" I murmured as I shut the door behind me. It was dark and smelt of dust, but at least nobody could overhear me.
"And you forget how important you are to me," Lloyd reminded kindly. "To all of us, Uchū included."
"Flattery doesn't change the fact that he created the entire world," I pointed out.
"And it doesn't change the fact that your parents created my entire world in you," Lloyd craftily responded. I dropped my head back with a flustered groan.
"Lloyd!" I complained. "This is serious!"
"I'm being serious!" he laughed. "C'mon, sunshine. What are you overthinking about now?"