ten

Mallrat
••• Charlie •••

oh, i was really feeling nothing

but you got me feeling something

and it's heartfelt like ice melts when winter turns to spring

•••••

Ah! Double digits!!

Sorry that chapters have recently been unfunny and slow to release, ive been d-to-the-epressed

I kind of finished uni and just turned into an apathetic sad blob teehee lol

Summer was already drawing to a close.

It was crazy; whereas last summer felt like it went on and on for an eternity (though I did blame that on it holding a couple more near-death experiences than this one had thus far), this time, summer went by in a blur.
Sure, an aching, sore blur, chock full of endless days of training, but fast all the same. It felt as if each day passed by in only a blink.
Perhaps that was why I felt that my training didn't progress as much as I had hoped it would.
Lloyd trying to teach me spinjitzu ended in a disaster and a sprained arm, so that was quickly suspended for the time being.
And despite the constant, gruelling trainings focusing on my powers, absolutely zilch came out of it. I was no closer to harnessing them than I was before I had even learnt of their existence.
I was ready to rip out my hair.

The only saving grace was my ability to pick up on archery fairly well.
The target training engrained in me from a young age, despite being for a different weapon entirely, proved useful. I was hitting bullseyes within the week.
Lloyd's surprise at my skill made me feel pretty smug. Only for about a day, though, as the very next morning I tripped over my own sword within the first five minutes of another simulated hunt and made Lloyd fall into a coughing fit from laughing so hard.
At least he was keeping my ego in check.
My lack in progress wasn't making only me uneasy - Lloyd was steadily growing more and more clingy once again, and while I enjoyed his presence immensely, I worried how he'd handle me going to college.
Obviously he wouldn't stop me from going, and I knew that it was the best thing for me and my self-interests, but part of me wished that I could just do the course online and at home - or even if Lloyd could come with me. But that was obviously impossible with all his duties.

And despite Ambrose and Chen (more so the former) looking out for me on behalf of Lloyd, it was no less troubling. The more worried Lloyd got, the more anxious I became. The vision on the rooftop did not provide any reassurance, either.
Guess I just gotta do my best to keep my feet on the ground and stick to where it's safe.
At least, that was the plan, until;
"Why don't you take Y/n out on patrol tonight?" Wu suggested during dinner, making the ongoing conversation about hotdogs halt in surprise. Jay's chopsticks fell into his dinner.
"What?" Lloyd spluttered, staring at his uncle as if he'd just grown another head.
"It would be invaluable experience and insight for you," Wu said directly to me. He turned to Lloyd. "She doesn't need to fight anyone. Just bring her along and keep to the shadows."