twenty

Lana Del Rey
••• Off To The Races •••

i'm not afraid to say that i'd die without him

who else is gonna put up with me this way?

i need you, i breathe you, i'd never leave you

they would rue the day i was alone without you

•••••

are we looking at L O R E????

🥺🛹💖:
you me date today
Sent 8.40am

🥺🛹💖:
as in a date not todays date
Sent 8.41am

🥺🛹💖:
im taking u on a date today
Sent 8.41am

  "It seems that I now have plans," I said one Saturday morning just after coincidentally lamenting the fact that I had no plans for after Aisling left.
  The girl herself lifted her head from where her chin had been snuggled into the crook of her elbow whilst lying on my unoccupied second bed in my lone dorm. Her expression was glazed with exhaustion from the movie marathon we had the night before.
  "That's nice," she murmured. Her eyes were hazy and tired. "With who? What time?"
  "Lloyd," I answered, and upon the buzz my phone made just that second, I continued; "... he said 'now'..?"
  Aisling's eyes sharpened.
  "Now-?"
  A rapid, precise knock on the window had Aisling falling from her bed with a shriek. Her phone went sliding across the floor. I, being more used to ninja boyfriends announcing their presence while participating in the near-impossibility of scaling buildings instead of using the damn door, approached the beaming blond with far more nonchalance.

  Lloyd's fingers regripped the window frame as I swung it open. The chilly autumn air swirled past him and made his blond hair flutter.
  "Well, hello, stranger," I greeted while shivering. He lithely slipped inside with a cheerful, chirpy reply before shutting the window behind him. The red-haired girl stumbled quickly to her feet, face flushed and panting.
  "H- hhhh- hey, Lloyd," Aisling stammered before cursing herself from under her breath.
  "Hey, Ais," Lloyd replied. He crossed his arms with a leisurely smile. "How are things?"
"Good- ahem, yeah, good," Aisling nodded. "Yes. Good. Great. Um. See ya."
Lloyd blinked in confusion as she picked up her bag and turned to scurry from the room. He lifted a hand just before the door could shut.
"See ya."
Lloyd's pleasant smile dropped when his gaze turned back to me. I turned the lock and bunched my hands into the long sleeves of his hoodie I wore.
"So," I began quietly, staring the carpet. "Violet was part of the gang."

Lloyd dropped his head, rubbed his neck, and sighed. I took a seat, perching on the edge of the bed beside him. The subject was still fresh - we'd only talked about it last night (hence the need for a movie marathon with Ais), and even then, it wasn't a thorough chat.
"I didn't want to freak you out," he confessed, still staring at the ground. He seemed as if I caught him breaking a rule in preschool.
"I thought our communication was better, now," I said while I picked at the threads on my large, green hoodie. "We haven't improved one bit." I glanced up at him. "Do you really think that it would've been best to keep me in the dark?"
"No... maybe..." Lloyd dropped his head into his hands with a groan. "I don't know."
I watched him quietly. He lifted his gaze when he realised my silence and continued.
"I just... I have to make the right decisions all the time," Lloyd said, slumping onto the spare bed. "But you're the tough one. If I get one thing wrong, then... I don't want to freak you out."
"Lloyd." I reached forward to rest a hand on his knee. "I'm not a mission. I'm your girlfriend."
"No," he corrected with a dry, guilty smile. "You're both. If I don't keep you safe then you die. That's the hard and fast of it."