fifteen

beabadoobee
••• If You Want To •••

beabadoobee••• If You Want To •••

if you wanna love me

try to get inside my brain

experience is nothing compared to

the nights i'm always up so late

•••••

Wow! Ten years of little pyjama people who fight snakes and other bad guys :)

Tw: aha horny kisses. yowza .
yn and lloyd keep it in ya pants

Lmao this is 10,300 words haha good luck

"I have a question," Chen said as he slid into the seat across the cafe table from me.

I glanced up from where I was typing my essay on my laptop. I blinked at him dumbly, still too engrossed in what I was writing for my brain to process anything else.
Chen stared at me intensely before taking a sip of my tea. I didn't bother to chide him.
"What?" I asked.
"I have a question," he repeated.
"Okay?"
"What's it like?" Chen asked lowly, leaning in close over the table. My brows raised in confusion. "Y'know, being Lloyd's girlfriend when he's all, uh..."
He trailed off, trying to look for the right word.
"When he's all ninja?" I asked unsurely after pushing my computer to the side.
"No, no," Chen waved off. "When's he's all..."
He couldn't find the words, fists clenching as he wracked his brain. So, instead of spending any more time on it, he just lifted his hands and mimicked fangs with his fingers.
I scoffed.
"You mean his beast instincts?" I asked with a tilt to my head. He nodded and I shrugged. "Uh... I don't really know to explain it. I guess it just feels normal for me now. Granted, it was... really weird when it first started happening."

"Okay, but what about the marking stuff?" Chen asked, leaning all the more in and listening intently. "'Cause didn't he get sick last year when he didn't mark you? And then he-"
Chen abruptly cut himself off. His brown eyes dropped to my shoulder.
"He bit me?" I finished with an amused grin. "Don't look so chastised, Chen. It doesn't bother me."
"It certainly bothers Lloyd."
My smile fell a tad. He was right. My gaze dropped to my nails mindlessly tapping on my laptop.
"Yeah, well..." I mumbled. "That's a work in progress."
Chen tilted his head. I sighed.
"Lloyd's marking instincts - they're complicated," I began, staring hard at my tea. "He's like a cat who rubs his scent glands to mark his territory."
"So, you're Lloyd's territory?" Chen said dryly. "That's very irresponsible. How backwards of him; does he even know what century we're in?"

"Shut up," I snorted. "It's not as if he had a choice about this. Anyway, we found that his need to mark only plays up when I'm close to him - because he can smell me, right? And at that point, generally, I'll be smelling like a million different things."
"'Cause that's normal."
"You're the one who wanted to know this stuff!" I accused before remembering to lower my voice as to not attract attention. "As I was saying; whenever he's away from me, he's fine. As soon as we get back though, it's a different story. He's getting better though, he's learning more control."
Chen nodded, contemplating his thoughts and soaking in the information. Ambrose and Kvasir joined the table shortly after, followed by Aisling.
"Are you seriously working on your essay on a Saturday?" Ambrose asked in disbelief. "The weekend is supposed to be for relaxing, not more work!"
Aisling raised her brows at the elemental master whom she didn't know was an elemental master.
"And how are your grades?" she asked.