eight

OK Go
••• Shooting The Moon •••

OK Go••• Shooting The Moon •••

outside the door, he stands

his head in his hands

and his heart in his throat

what can he tell 'em now?

sorry, i let you down

sorry, it wasn't quite true

•••••

Tw: mild gore, mentions of death, kinda horni

Even as I slept, I worried.

It was an endless, empty void of concern. It felt boxy and claustrophobic. I seemed to just doze, not quite unconscious, yet not quite aware. My slumber was restless and I may as well just stayed awake, for what good it did.
But it wasn't worry for me. It was for Lloyd, for how another dissatisfying scenario had befallen him. I was tempted to believe that either he had terrible luck or, as the self-proclaimed fate's warrior, he was under herculean trials to prove his worth.
I wished there was more I could do. If it was what I suspected, then Lloyd shouldn't have to prove himself anymore than Uchū did - he's saved the world countless times. How much more worth could someone have in regards to Fate's finicky opinion?

It was weighing him down. With each hit, more weight was added. It was tiring him, I could tell. Mentally draining, sipping away his resolve. I worried that he'd crack. He'd break and shatter. There was only so much a person could deal with before it drove them off the edge. And none of it was even his fault, yet Lloyd's bravado, his duty or whatever excuse it was, seemed to make him think that it was.
But what could I do? Every time I tried to reassure him, to explain that he shouldn't shoulder this much blame, my words deemed useless.
That's not to say that he ignored me. It's just that no matter what I did, it seemed to concede in a restart, a reoccurring fiduciary that benefitted off of his downfall - I'd reassure him of something and then something worse would go wrong, and Lloyd would take the blame once more.

He'd stay stuck in the same position as before, forever at a stalemate.
And it seemed that I couldn't do anything to help him, except for tirelessly continuing to support him. To hope that he would let me shoulder at least some of the weight that came with who he is. But I doubted that he would. He feared that even the slightest bit of it would crush me.
I was scared for myself, of course. If this vision really was some kind of prophecy dream, then it would mean that I wouldn't die old and peaceful as I hoped - I would be murdered. And like any other sane person, the thought of my impending homicide made me uneasy.
I just hoped that Lloyd and I could do what we do best - fuck up the prophecy.