Chapter 3

KHADIJA'S POV

When I finished getting ready I went to my cousin's wedding. I don't talk to one of my cousins Jallaludeen, well it started because he liked me and my only solution was that it would be good if we don't talk to each other again.

I stopped wasting time and went out.

"Let's go." my mum yelled. I always take time tying my scarf and not with make-up because I hardly wear it.

Today my cousins did my make up so I was just busy looking for the perfect bag and shoe.

"Mom I'm coming, I just want to tie my headscarf," I yelled back.

I went out to meet my mom after I was done.

"Masha Allah!" My mom complimented me happily. For the first time, she was happy with me. As I never put on makeup and jewelry.

I smiled and hugged her. I got some compliments from my cousins.

We left to the wedding venue, where the henna ceremony would take place.

Their only girls were allowed, no boys were there. As there were no boys the women were free to remove their scarfs.

I was making my hair for the wedding because you see I don't like making my hair.

I prefer to stay with the lovely Dija I make myself but my mum was not happy so she forced me to leave my hair open.

Once she opened my hair she called the person who made my cousin's hair to make mine.

She got angry because she doesn't if I or my sister does not make our hair properly.

She will get angry and ask them to do our hair. She'll say:

"Pride of a woman is her crown, which is her hair."

She will always say "Khadija lead the example, take care of your crown."

While the bride was getting her henna other people present were dancing, serving food, or waiting for the person they invited.

After I was done with my hair I got my henna done. I wanted to escape the crowd and eat food too but first I had to dry the henna.

It was taking time to dry. After waiting for like an eternity my henna finally dried.

I wanted to escape but my mum told me to go upstairs and take care of the kids.

Why she had to spoil my plans, I thought. I was happy and sad at the same time.

I went upstairs, washed my henna, and cleaned the sink.

I took a clean towel to pat my henna dry after which I kept the towel in the laundry basket I was lazy to wash it. I went to the living room to take care of my favorite people.

I went there and was playing with my cousins, nieces, and nephews.

Ayan, my cousin's son said something funny I was laughing hard.

I decided to play a game, catch me a game. The kids came to catch us, due to excitement we were all screaming, shouting, and laughing like maniacs.