Chapter 9

When I woke up in the morning I prayed and greeted her parents then after some time my bridal box arrived from her fiancé's house, I was told to go out of the house because I was not allowed to be around when the grooms' side comes with the box. So I went to a plaza to eat a pastry after which I was called to come back home I checked the time and it was just midnight I then went back home entering through the second door of the house that is the backyard door parking my car outside. When I entered my room make-up artist and my guaran wiki (fixing the body and in the context of a wedding, it a series of body treatments the bride has to go through so she can look super glamorous during her wedding) woman was around, I did my guaran wiki and then, my make-up artist started making me up. When I finished I wore my dress and got ready I then sat on the bed thinking about what will happen later to me, I was still thinking when my mum came inside and told me that I should come out the mallam was already in the living room, when I got there the mallam started the Nikkah (marriage contract). The Mallam was talking while I zoomed out thinking, my mum tapped me and told me to give the mallam my reply I did with a forced smile, after the series of congratulations I was allowed to go back to my room to est and rest before the groom arrives.

The wedding preparation started and the house was decorated and then the cloth I was going to wear for the henna ceremony was brought to me but I did not open it because I wanted to see it on my henna ceremony day, I was praying when my sister and my best friend entered and told me that my cousins have arrived and when I should finish praying I should come out and meet them downstairs, when I finished praying I went downstairs to meet them we then started discussion random stuffs after which lead to us surfing for songs to play for my henna ceremony so we could dance to it I then told them to choose while we continued discussing until it was time for prayer we all prayed and they helped me in making food when we finished we continued our discussion and suddenly I was asked if I wanted to know my husbands name I said I didnt want to know and they respected my decision when I got tired I went to bath after which I came back to tell them follow me so that they could bath and change after which we continued our discussion while they were all busy I decided to bring up the snacks we made together for them to eat when they finished eating Aisha took the plate out and when she came back we all prayed and went to our various lala land.

The next day when I woke up for fajr prayer after praying I woke everyone and went back to sleep, I was till sleeping when I was told to wake up so that I could bath since it was almost time for my henna ceremony I was the only one not ready the others are either getting ready or their helping someone with something so I went to bath so I could get ready for the woman doing my henna to start doing her work since she would be around very soon I got my dress for the henna ceremony it was nice and beautiful I liked it because it was an Indian dress I wore it and my cousin Afrah did my makeup when I finished I went outside where the event was to take place I saw my remaining cousins henna was almost dried I waited till theirs was dried so I could eat and rest when it was dried I started my own and I really enjoyed the dance my cousins performed, when I was done with my henna I was hungry again so I told Aisha to please bring food for me when the ceremony was over I washed my henna off my hands and legs after which I prayed, eat my food and then I was already tired so I did not join my cousins in talking I went straight to bed with the last thought that since my henna was dark does that mean my husband will love me since that is what Indians say after the henna of the brides gets dried and it comes out dark.

Please 

Vote

Comment

Share

JAMILA❤