Chapter 10 A

Jallals POV.

After my sisters, the wedding I was always in the office trying to run away from meeting y dad because I know that if I should meet him my wedding will be the next thing he will be disturbing me about even though the girl I like is not ready and hasn't answered if she liked me or not it will be a very big annoying thing if it should happen. Even though I have a crush on my cousin Dija I don't think I will still leave Saratu for her I like Saratu more than Dija though. I went back home early thinking my dad would be in the office or mosque not knowing he was at home in the frontage of the house, when I walked in and was about to go to my section of the house he called me and told me to meet him later so we could talk about my wedding, my dad was a straight forward man that's one thing I admire with him.

When I had gathered the courage to face my dad I went to his chamber to meet him so we could talk, he then told me that he had found a wife for me and he wanted to know if I agreed to the proposal I said yes immediately because even if I should say no I won't have a choice because of Saratu after which I was told of the necessary things to get and to start preparing for my wedding. I was busy throughout the whole week because of this so-called wedding of a thing I had to buy boxes and to fill it up with feminine things and other kinds of stuff it was embarrassing enough that my mum did not want to help me with the shopping instead of my friend and my sisters came with me for the shopping and to top it off I did not even know what I had to get it was just frustrating.

After some weeks my mum went to drop the box and everything with a mallam with her I was just at home resting in peace when people started shouting and making noise not to forget the house has been noisy and people are practically in every nick and cranny of this house I even had to lock the door to my room it's so frustrating the only thing like about this whole thing is the attention I'm getting it's nice and making me feel important. As I was resting in peace I heard a knock on the door followed by my dads' voice forcing me to stand up and open the door for him, I greeted him and he told me to dress and come and meet him on his side of the house I dressed since I had taken my bath already and went to his room with a lot of people congratulating me and blessing me. When I entered his room he told me that the girl has accepted to marry me and the wedding will soon be officiated I was angry so I had to control myself in front of my dad and since my mum came back yesterday night she was sleeping in her room I then left the place because I liked someone else and I hated the person I am getting married to even though I don't know her yet, after that they started distributing invitation cards to people for the ceremony.

The next day was the henna ceremony so I did not care about anything until my mom told me that they would be having a henna ceremony for the girls and women of the house I said ok and told them to call him if they wanted anything I would be in my room, she said ok but before she left she told me that I will later understand then not now I smiled and then she left.

I went to my room to think about my life, I wanted to tell Saratu that I was going to get married as I went to her house to tell her she told me that she was dating a guy for a year and six months now and they are getting married soon she handed me her Invitation Card I was very angry that I promised to make the girl I would marry life's stressful and miserable for her to live, I then gave her mine she was happy for me telling me she wanted to set up a date for me when she was married so I could get married to a good and nice girl I smiled then gave her my card and left I went to give other people the card and when it was already getting dark I went back home to pray I eat dinner and then I slept off.

I woke up and start preparing for my bachelor's night so I called my friends over and they were preparing for the party in the evening so I told my friends to just make the preparations and then when it's time they should call me and tell me where it would take place because I was tired and I wanted to sleep, later when I woke up I went to my office to do my work then later my friends called me and told me to come for my party I went there with the cloth I wore to my office when I got there the party started and I enjoyed myself there and slept there with my friends since it was in a hotel suite.

Please 

Share

Comment

Vote

JAMILA ❤