A New Friend?

A/N Sorry this took so long but this story isn't my first priority, and for a while I was also busy with my college courses. I got some inspiration to work on this the other day when I was rereading some other Pjo inheritance cycle croosovers. This chapter is a bit longer than the last one so enjoy.

Percy's Point of view

Once I got up in the morning I decided it would be a good idea to try and practice with the bow I'd found. I guessed that I would need a weapon considering that I'd already come across Roran and I would probably come across more people soon enough, especially since I was planning on going to the nearby village to get supplies and possible advice on what I should do now.

I picked up the bow, strung it, and aimed for a nearby tree. I obviously wasn't expecting to hit it on the first try since I've never been very good at archery but until I can maybe get some other weapon I'm stuck with the bow for now. Regardless of my doubts I pulled back the string and double checked my aim before letting the arrow fly. As I'd suspected I missed, but I supposed I would just have to keep trying since I didn't have any other weapons to use.

I practiced for a while trying to remember everything Chiron had told me during my training at camp. As you might expect I wasn't really making progress since I just continued to miss the tree that was my target. Just when I was going to call it quits for now I heard someone say that I was holding the bow wrong and suggested how to do it properly.

My best guess was that it was Roran and that he must have decided to trust me since I doubted he would be giving me pointers otherwise. I did what he suggested and tried again, once again I failed to hit the tree, but my shot did come closer that time. Roran asked, "Shouldn't you already know how to use a bow if you've been living in the spine,"

I could see his point and quickly came up with an explanation that wasn't a complete lie. I turned to face him and replied, "My family tried to teach me but for whatever reason I just couldn't get it. I haven't been on my own for very long and I'm still trying, but I'm not making much progress. I've mainly been living off other food like plants or fish," The first part of my excuse wasn't a complete lie since Chiron was like a second father to me before everyone turned on me and some of the Apollo kids had also tried to help me but no matter what I just hadn't been able to learn how to use a bow and arrows. It was also true that I hadn't been on my own for very long since I'd only been sent to Alegasia the day before. Obviously, the part about me relying on plants or fish for food weren't true because I would never eat fish since I could talk to them due to my dad being Poseidon.

Maybe I would tell Roran more of the truth eventually once I get to know him better but for now I'll tell him what I can and lie when I have to. I wanted to know more about Roran including why he was in the mountains in the first place. I also thought that maybe since I seemed to have earned his trust he might tell me, but I wasn't sure.

Regardless he seemed to accept my excuse and I decided to ask him a question. I asked, "Why are you out here in the mountains? Most people don't come out here,"

I'd guessed that people usually avoid the mountains since there weren't any other people there, and how Roran had reacted when I told him the story I'd been given about why I was there. After I asked him why he was there he seemed to hesitate before finally admitting that he was from the village which he said was called Carvahall and that he was hiding since the king had sent soldiers as well as two creatures known as the Razac to capture him.

That was why he'd asked if the Empire had sent me. He explained that he hadn't committed any crimes and he thought it might have something to do with his cousin who had left the village a year earlier. He also admitted that he was thinking about returning since one person had already been killed by the soldiers and more had probably been hurt if not killed by the fire.