An Unexpected Visitor

Reyna's Point of View

To say I was surprised when the gods sent me to what seemed to be a fantasy world would be an understatement. At least I'd come of the portal where Percy was so he could explain everything. I wasn't thrilled to find out that this place is practically medieval and that includes sexism. The men on the Dragon Wing had learned quickly that I wasn't someone they wanted to mess with.

They'd learned a few days before we went through the Boar's Eye. Percy and I were near the bow of the ship, and since Percy had given me the spear he had, we decided to train. It had been a while since Percy had to face anyone who was even close to his own skill level so he felt like he should practice, especially since we could be sailing right toward a battle. Many of the men on the ship saw us and I think they quickly realised that I had more skill with the spear than they did so they should probably keep quiet and start treating me like an equal.

After we'd made it out of the Boar's Eye, I'd met Percy's Dragon, Ágrios, the fact that there were dragons here and they weren't trying to kill us had been a pretty big surprise on its own. Although I was also getting to know the villagers and everyone else on the ship, I spent a lot of time with Percy when I wasn't helping with one task or another.

When Percy had shown up at camp Jupiter without his memories, I'd quickly come to realise that I liked him, and not just as a friend or colleague, Of course, back then, he was devoted to Annabeth even when he couldn't remember much about her. Now I was wondering if I might actually have a chance with him. I remembered what Venus had told me all to well, but Percy was no longer just a Demigod, he was a dragon rider even if he didn't know much about being one.

We were nearly to Surda now, and although I knew most of the villagers intended to settle in Surda, I think there were a few of us that were thinking about continuing on to find the Varden and help them. I was pretty sure Roran was one of those people because based on what Percy had told me I suspected he would want to continue so he could get his cousin to help him rescue his fiancé.

As we traveled Percy would often stand on the deck of the ship and use his powers to speed up the ship. He never did it for too long since he didn't want to wear himself out. We couldn't know when something might come after us. One evening Percy and I were talking while he was doing this, we were interrupted when someone appeared standing in front of us on the deck of the ship.

It was obvious that the person was a woman and because she hadn't come through a portal like Percy and I had I knew that this woman had to be a goddess. I quickly realised who she was and that she was technically a Titaness and not a goddess. I think Percy also realised who she was because he tensed, obviously wary of her. I was feeling much the same way although I knew she had helped the seven during the giant war. Percy and I spoke, I said, "Lady Trivia,"

Percy said, "Lady Hecate,"

Her form flickered for a moment as she switched between her aspects, but she quickly reverted to what I assumed was her Greek form as she focused on Percy. She said, "Perseus, I am sure you are wondering why I'm here. I have come to help you. I have more power in this world than the Olympians because there is so much magic here. I am fond of this world and I don't want Galbatorix to succeed in this war. I also don't like the Olympians. I only helped in the last war because I knew that Gaea and the Giants would be even worse than them,"

"There is much you don't know Perseus, for one, you are a descendant of mine, this should make it easier for you to understand and use this world's magic...

"What!" Percy blurted understandably shocked by her words.

"What I said is true Perseus, I don't think your mother knew but your grandmother was my daughter,"