Revelations

Percy's point of view

After the villagers questioned me about how I'd used my powers I decided to tell them at least part of the truth. Sure, I didn't technically know them well yet, but I wanted them to let me help them since I had the feeling they would need me. I understood what they meant by magic since minutes before they confronted me the deity who was helping me had given me some information about how magic worked in Alegasia and that most people didn't really trust magic users.

I replied, "It wasn't magic, or at least not the kind that you're thinking of. I was born with the ability to control water, but I wasn't aware of it until I was twelve when I finally learned how to use it. Before you can understand how I have that ability you will need to know more about my past. I lied when I told you all that I lived in the spine, the truth is I'm not from there, or anywhere else in Alegasia for that matter. I was banished here by my family after they accused me of a crime I didn't commit,"

The villagers seemed to have different reactions to what I was telling them but most of them seemed to be either shock or disbelief. I got the feeling that by the time I told them everything I was planning to they would most likely believe me despite how crazy my story would sound to them.

The next thing I did was ask them if they had a religion they believed in. It turned that they didn't or not one that included gods anyway. After that, I continued explaining my own story. I could tell that they all found my story hard to believe, but I think they all came to the conclusion that it would be nearly impossible to come up with that elaborate of a story to lie.

I don't think that was all that convinced them though because although I usually try not to show when I'm upset I think the pain from the betrayal probably showed on my face as I'd told them most of my real story. I hadn't told them about much besides me being a demigod and the gods and my friends betraying me. I basically told them enough, so they'd know why I had special powers and that they could trust me since I could kind of relate to their situation. After I finished explaining some of them looked like they might still be a little suspicious of me, but they didn't bother interrogating me further.

After that everyone went their separate ways probably still working on absorbing what I'd said.

I eventually found out that the prominent members of Carvahall held a meeting to decide what action the village should take and if Horst and his allies should be punished for initiating the hostilities. Roran told me the outcome of the meeting not long after it had finished.

Roran seemed to believe my story and seemed to be accepting me once again although I think he was kind of annoyed that he hadn't realized my previous story was a lie. After the meeting ended the funeral for the seven men who'd been killed by the Ra'zac and their soldiers. I went just to pay my respects even though I didn't really even know them.

I was kind of relieved when the villagers agreed to send all their young children to a farm outside the village, so they would be safer. Later in the day, Roran got everyone to help with creating some new defenses for Carvahall. Although I don't think everyone fully trusted me I helped where I could. That same evening Albriech went around giving Spears and shields to everyone. They certainly weren't as well made as the ones at camp were, but they would have to do. I'd also kept the sword I'd stolen from the soldier, but I hoped that I'd eventually get a better one since it wasn't right for me.

When the day eventually came to an end An elderly couple who seemed to have believed my story and trusted me allowed me to stay with them overnight since they had an extra room. I thanked them since I would have been staying outside otherwise. When I laid down, hoping sleep would find me I wasn't sure if I would get demigod dreams here, but it seemed that I would because not long after I fell asleep, I had one, or at least that's what I thought it was.