Chapter 12 : My Emotions (Author's POV)

Just a warning ⚠:

This chapter does get a little "spicy". 

As in, it does get a little uhhh.... y'know... (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AND it also has some language, so be warned. 

Yes, yes, I know. It's unexpected from me, right?

But anyways, onto the chapter! 

Despite how lovely the outside that day was, Garroth found himself stuck inside his room contemplating. 

"Augh! What do I do?!" He groaned, falling backwards, allowing the soft mattress to catch him below. "How am I suppose to get her to like me?" 

He turned his head to the right, where one of the bedside tables were. His phone sat on the dark-wooded table, nothing of interest happening at the time. 

He blew out a long and drawn-out raspberry and turned to look up at the dull white ceiling. 

His mind wandered off into nothing. Just blank, empty nothingness. 

If that made sense. 

Garroth rolled his eyes when he heard someone walk up the stairs.  He rose up and sat against the headboard and decided to scroll through his phone. 

"Garroth?" Zane's voice rang from the door. 

He looked up and saw his brother's head peaking through the door. 

"Are you alright? You've been...distant." He asked. 

"I'm fine. I just need some time to myself." 

"You sure?"

"Yeah.."

"Alright then. Just...let me know if you need someone to talk to."

With that, the door shut close. 

But of course, what Garroth had said was a lie. 

He knew he wasn't alright. As long as the love of his life was possibly with someone else, he knew he couldn't be happy. 

Well, not at his happiest. Just for clarification. 

He threw his phone in frustration, not even thinking of the consequence. He groaned in a dissatisfying tone. 

... 

"Do you want to talk about something? "

"You seem more stressed than usual."

"I've just been thinking. About...things."

"What "things"? "

"I-It's just.." Zane sighed. He looked off to the side, shoulders slumped. 

Nana rubbed her hand against his back, trying to comfort him in his moment of distress. 

"It's just that I've been thinking about my family as of late. I just feel bad for Garroth. It's obvious that he has feelings for someone, but they don't feel the same way." He explained. 

"And I can't really do much about it. And I don't want him to suffer." He stopped in his tracks. 

"Wait, that sounds bad." 

Yeah Zane, it sure does. Could have phrased that better. 

"Nana?" He asked. He noticed that she stopped moving. 

"Nana? " He asked, more concerned than before. He turned to face her, causing her hand to slump down onto the bed. 

Although they were in their secret room, he felt uncomfortable. For the first time in forever, he felt unsafe in their little safe haven.