Chapter 25 : Confessions (Third Person POV)

"Lucinda? What are the results?"

It was the next morning  after the sleepover. It was just those who were living in the villa there at the time. The guests that they had over already left early in the morning. 

"Yes, they're in." She said calmly, holding a small sheet of paper.

"After some research, I found out what it was. You might want to sit down for this."

Lucinda seemed hesitant to mention anything at all. Her hands were shaking slightly.

"Hmm..." She hummed before beginning. 

"The white powder is a substance used my manipulators and those who want to brainwash and overpower their enemies. It's usually masked in other things that the person would consume. It has harmful effects on Mei'fwas and werewolves, but it isn't noticed as much on humans."

"What!?" Zane boomed.

"Let me finish!" Lucinda interrupted. "Ahem. Anyways, when taken in really large doses, it can cause more harmful effects like having temporary amnesia to passing out. The chemical is too powerful to be used all at once."

 "That explains a lot." Kawaii~Chan muttered, rubbing her chin. 

"Care to explain?" Aphmau asked. Nana nodded, wearing a concentrated expression. 

"I passed out, but when I woke up, I couldn't move after that. My strength was gone for a long time when I was staying in his villa."

"We better confront him about this."

. . .

"You better have good fucking excuse for why you took her."

"I don't need to explain myself-"

"YOU don't have a choice."

"Zane! Please." Aphmau said calmly while reaching out for his wrists. "I'm just as upset as you, but please."

He let out a long sigh in response, backing up from Damien slowly. To be honest, Zane was a few seconds away from grabbing his shirt and making him fess up. 

"But to be fair, he really doesn't." Garroth interfered.  "His actions should at least deserve an explanation. Even if he did the unthinkable."

At this point, Zane didn't even bother listening to them attempt to talk to Damien who sat nonchalantly on the curved couch. His mind was still focused on the enraged thoughts that filled him mind. 

After what he did, Zane could never forget nor forgive Damien for what he did. The implications that Damien has committed was almost as bad as what Ein had done to them. In Zane's eyes at least. 

The way he permanently burned the memory of him into Nana's mind...

His hands balled up into fists, his nails managing to dig into the skin of his palm despite them being short. His eyebrows furrowed in a more intense fashion as his gaze pierced deeper into Damien's body. 

"Can he not stare at me like that? I don't feel comfortable with him staring at me like that." Damien said snobbishly, his finger pointed in Zane's direction. 

"I have every right to be here. Who said you ever had a say in this!?" Zane boomed in defense. Damien wore a snobby face as he scoffed under his breath. 

"Well..." Aphmau began. "Lucinda ran some tests on the stuff you were using on Kawaii~Chan. Care to explain why you had it in the first place?"

"I don't have to explain myself. I-"

"No! We will not let you go unless you fess up. Nobody just gets a powder that can mess with people's minds out of nowhere!" She yelled. 

Damien was silent in response, stunned. Nobody spoke a word, but Zane's stare still pierced through him. 

"How would you know about that?!" He asked in a panicked tone. 

"We're not as stupid as you think we are. So you better start fessing up right now." Aaron growled. He pushed Aphmau to be behind him as he stepped closer to Damien. 

"Fine! Fine..." He said. 

"Ever since me and Kawaii~Chan split up, I have been trying to get over her. Trying to find someone new. But I couldn't."

"I just couldn't find someone who made me feel the way Kawaii~Chan did. Pathetic, I know."

"It sure is." Zane muttered. 

Damien mumbled swears under his breath, before another wave of silence hit everyone around him.

"Anyways . . ." He murmured. "I got the substance from a reliable source."

"Who did you get it from?" Aaron asked in a serious manner.

"I got it from the one and only."

"And who would that be?"

"You know exactly who, Aaron."

"What?...Wait..."

"No.."

"Of course."

"I got it from the person who gave me the opportunity to have power. The power to get want I wanted."

"And his name..."

"Is.."

Ein.

. . . . .