July pt.1

Jungkook

I've known Taehyung for what seems like my entire life, but he never fails to amaze me.

~

The light from my phone hurts my eyes in the darkness of my room. I stare at the time. Every time the screen goes black I switch it on again, watching the minutes tick by. Every now and then I take my gaze off the time and look at my lock screen photo of Taehyung holding up peace signs and sticking his tongue out. No matter how many times I see the photo, it always brings a smile to my face.

At exactly 12:52am, I hear the soft knock on my door that I've been anticipating. I turn on a lamp and scramble out of bed to swing the door open.

Taehyung holds up his pillow and grins. "Wanna have a sleepover?"

I tug him inside, shut the door and plant a kiss on his lips.

"Of course," I say, and he smiles my favourite box smile.

He drops his pillow and puts his warm hands on my arms, and it's only then that I realise how cold I am.

"Jungkookie! You're freezing! Why are you just wearing a t-shirt? It's so cold tonight."

I open my mouth to say something, but Taehyung takes me by surprise by unbuttoning his striped pyjama top, then sliding my arms into it. I let out a laugh at him standing shirtless in front of me.

"Hey, don't laugh just because I don't have abs like you!" He pouts cutely, which only makes me laugh more.

"No, you know I love your tummy." I poke it teasingly. "I was just thinking of how you were a bit stupid giving me your top, because now you're cold."

"Which is stupid in itself because it's supposed to be summer. We should probably get under the covers."

Taehyung picks up his pillow and jumps onto my bed. We crawl under the covers together, then lie down facing each other.

"Why won't they just let us share a bed? A room, even." He sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Tae, we've had this conversation so many times."

"I know, but it's just stupid! They know we're together, and obviously we're going to go into each other's rooms anyway! Same goes for all of us, I left mine and Namjoon's room when Jin showed up, and I bumped into Jimin on my way here because he was on his way to Yoongi's."

"Yeah, it doesn't make sense. At least we still get to spend the nights together, they have no way of stopping us going into each other's rooms."

Taehyung purses his lips together. "It's so ridiculous."

"Don't let it bother you too much." I give him another kiss. He places his hand gently on the back of my head to stop me pulling away and kisses me back hard with his soft lips.

We break apart what could be hours later. He flashes me a grin and I switch off the light.