March pt.1

Jimin

Two days before our first show, I'm woken up by a knock on our door. Yoongi is curled like a kitten next to me, fast asleep, and Hoseok is snoring in the bed next to us. I rub my eyes and carefully get out of bed and open the door. I'm surprised at who I see standing there.

"April? What?" I step out into the hallway and shut the door behind me. "What time is it?"

"I don't know, two? Three?" She looks at me with pleading eyes, her hair a mess and her too big pyjamas falling off her.

"Are you... okay?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "I can't. I can't do it."

"Can't do what?"

She takes several shallow breaths and looks like she might faint. I put my hands on her arms to steady her.

"April, calm down. Deep breaths," I say soothingly.

"Right. Okay. Anyway... I can't be Taehyung's doctor anymore."

"Huh? Why not?"

Tears start to fall down her cheeks. "I can't deliver that baby. I can't operate on him. I won't be able to cope if he or his baby dies because of me. I can't bear to see him in pain when he goes into labour. I can't!"

She wraps her arms around me and sobs into my chest. I stroke her back in an attempt to comfort her.

"I love him, Jimin. I love him too much. And I know myself and I know I can't do this. And if I'm going to go then I need to go now. There's still two months for him to find a new doctor, get to know them..." she trails off and sobs some more.

"Stop saying you can't do it, April, because you can," I tell her. "You're just choosing not to."

She pulls away from me and wipes her eyes. "I really can't. I guess I'm just weak like that."

I tilt her chin up so her gaze meets mine. "You need to think about what you're doing here. Taehyung really needs you. If you go, he'll still manage, but you're the best thing for him."

April folds her arms and nods. "I know. But I can't."

And then she walks away.