February pt.1

Jungkook

Preparations for our last minute tour are fully underway. Lots of dance practice, rough scripts being written up, and recording a new song. Nothing has been officially said about Taehyung's pregnancy being leaked, but it looks like there's going to be an announcement before the tour so he can be in it. But for that we also need to come out, which is a whole other thing, so we need time to plan it. Taehyung's very excited because he hasn't been on stage since he collapsed and bled everywhere at Music Core in September last year, but also nervous because we don't know how people will take the news. The talk about it has died down a lot and replaced with excitement for our upcoming tour, as intended. Most people just said it's a photoshop since there are no videos, only a few low quality screenshots.

The new song we're recording was written mostly by Taehyung because he was desperate for something to do. It's actually a really beautiful song. Yoongi and I are working together on recording and producing it. Everyone, including us two, have already recorded their parts, and now Taehyung is in the recording booth doing his.

I close my eyes as he sings and listen to his deep, soothing voice. I haven't heard him sing in ages. It's comforting to hear again. Then the singing abruptly stops. My eyes fly open, worried, but he's still standing there normally.

"Sorry," he says into the microphone, then grabs his water bottle and takes a drink.

"What happened?" I ask Yoongi. "Is he alright?"

"Yeah, he just hiccuped." Yoongi says, then he presses the button that will let Taehyung hear him. "Are we good to go again?"

Taehyung puts down the water bottle and gives him a thumbs up. The music starts again, and opens his mouth to sing, but hiccups again. This time it's audible. Yoongi and I both chuckle and Taehyung blushes and takes another drink of water.

"Sorry. I think I'm good now," he says after waiting a few moments.

"Great. Take three." Yoongi starts the music again.

Taehyung gets about thirty seconds in before hiccuping again. He lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Don't worry about it, let's do it another time," Yoongi says.

Taehyung takes off his headphones, grabs his water and walks out of the booth.

"Well that was embarrassing," Taehyung says quietly so that Yoongi and the other few staff in the room can't hear. Then he hiccups again.

I put my arm around him and kiss his cheek. "Let's just go home." Then I turn to Yoongi. "Recording is done for the day, then?"

He shrugs. "I guess so."

Taehyung is still hiccuping when we get back to the dorm. "Jungkookie, this is so annoying," he groans.

"So what are we trying first? Spoonful of sugar? Holding your breath? Drinking water upside down?" I suggest.

Taehyung takes a deep breath and holds it in response. But not for very long, he breathes out after about ten seconds and hiccups again.

"That wasn't a very solid effort," I say.

"Shut up, I'm pregnant, I'm always out of brea- hic!"

I laugh, then grab his hand and lead him to the kitchen, where I pour a glass of water and hand it to him. "Bend over and drink this from the other side."

Taehyung obediently follows instruction, although he can't bend down very far. He spills water all over the floor. At that moment, Jin comes walking in.

"Is everything okay in here?" He looks from the puddle on the floor, to Taehyung wiping his mouth, to me.

"We're trying to cure Taehyung's hiccups," I say. Taehyung hiccups right on cue.

Jin grabs a tea towel and puts it on the floor to soak up the puddle. "Have you tried eating a spoonful of sugar?"

"We were going to do that next," Taehyung says.

Jin gets out the jar of sugar and I get a teaspoon and fill it up.

"Open up," I say jokingly to Taehyung, who laughs and opens his mouth overly wide.

He eats the sugar and immediately hiccups again.

"I give up," Jin says, and leaves the kitchen.

"Hey, you only just got here!" I call out after him.

Then I see Hoseok walk in behind Taehyung.

Taehyung hiccups again and moans. "Jungkookie, they're not going away!"

Hoseok gets a cheeky glint in his eye before sneaking up behind Taehyung and grabbing his shoulders. "Boo!" he shouts.

It doesn't work and Hoseok leaves, disappointed.

I think for a moment, then have an idea. "Wait, close your eyes."

He closes his eyes. I grab his face with both my hands and press my lips against his. I hold it for a while and then pull away.

"Well?" I ask.

About five seconds pass, Taehyung's face filled with hope, before he hiccups again.

I sigh. "Worth a shot."