September pt.3

Jungkook

As soon as I close the door to Taehyung's room I feel the sudden urge to scream. Instead I jump up and down on the spot, as if that will do anything to free myself of the weird feeling that consumes me all over. I need to talk to someone. If I don't I'll go insane.

Jimin. Jimin usually knows what to do.

I go to Jimin and Hoseok's room and knock on the door, praying he's in there. I breathe a sigh of relief when Jimin opens the door.

"Hey Jungkook. What did the doctor say?" he asks, then furrows his eyebrows together. "Are you okay?"

"Yes... no. I'm not. Is there a pharmacy close by?" I hop from foot to foot anxiously.

"Yeah. Just down the road, I think. Why?"

"We need to go. Now."

"Again, why?"

"Because, Jimin, we need to get something from there. I'll explain on the way. Come on!" Frustration bubbles up inside me.

"Jungkook, calm down." He grabs me by the shoulders and I realise I'm shaking. "You know we're not supposed to be venturing out wherever without checking with a manager, and they usually prefer to go for us anyway. Why don't we go ask Sejin?"

"Jimin, you don't understand."

"No, I don't."

"I really have to go. Without a manager. And I need someone to go with. Please."

Jimin sighs. "Okay, fine. We need to cover up, though. You don't look like you're in the mood for people asking for selfies."

So we both grab caps, sunglasses and masks and head out, thankfully not passing anyone on the way. While we walk I tell Jimin everything that happened.

"Oh my God," he says when I finish. "So you really think Taehyung is pregnant?"

"I don't know. I don't know what to believe right now. Maybe getting the pregnancy test will help."

"What if it's positive? Will you believe it then?"

I don't answer for a few seconds. "I guess. Maybe. No. I don't know."

Jimin shakes his head. "I can't believe this."

"Me neither."

Soon we're at the pharmacy. I look around for a pregnancy test and can't find one. Neither can Jimin.

"I really don't wanna be that person who goes up and asks where the pregnancy tests are," I say to him.

"And you think I do?"

"Rock paper scissors?"

"Fine."

Jimin loses. He swears under his breath and then goes up to the counter and politely asks where the pregnancy tests are. The teenage guy there shows him and then goes back to the counter to serve another customer. I walk over to Jimin.

"Which one are we supposed to get? Why are there so many?" he asks.

"I have no idea. This one has nice packaging. Let's get this one." I point at one and he grabs it, then we go up to the counter again.

When I hand over the money, the guy serving us gasps. "Hold up, are you Jungkook and Jimin from BTS?"

"No," I answer quickly, hoping he doesn't insist.

"A lot of people tell us we look like them, though," Jimin says with a laugh.

The guy purses his lips. "You sound like them too. Anyway, here." He hands over the bag and I take it.

"Thank you," Jimin says, and we leave the store. "Do you think Taehyung will mind that I came with you?"

"I don't think so, since he tells you pretty much everything. And if all this actually is true then you'd find out eventually."

"Good point."

In what seems like only a few seconds we're back at the dorm. Jimin takes off his hat, sunglasses and mask and gives me an unexpected hug.

"Don't worry too much, okay?" he whispers, and I nod. Then he goes to his room, leaving me alone.

First I go to my room to take everything off my face, then I go into Taehyung's and find him lying on his bed, staring hard at his phone.

"Tae?"

He jumps at my voice, then sees me and gives me a tiny smile. "Hi Jungkookie."

"I got the pregnancy test." I take it out of its packaging. "Wanna take it?"

"I guess so," he says. He gets up and takes it from me, then goes to the bathroom.

I take a seat on his bed, and tap my feet on the ground impatiently and read the instructions on the box as I wait for him to return. I probably should have given him the box. No, he'll know what to do.

"Nothing's coming up," he says when he comes back. "And what means positive?"

"We have to wait two minutes for anything to come up and two lines mean positive," I reply, and set my phone timer to two minutes.

He sits down next to me and places the test face down on the bed. "While you were out I did a bit of research. This whole carrier deal actually sounds like a real thing."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So if it's positive... I think... I think..."

"You think you're pregnant."

He doesn't say anything else.

After a painfully long two minutes the alarm on my phone sounds, and Taehyung quickly snatches up the test, but keeps it covered with his hands.

"I'm scared to look." Tears begin streaming down his face again, and my heart starts beating rapidly.

"I know. But we need to." I try to sound calm so he doesn't know how much I'm freaking out inside. I gently pull his hands off the test, then turn it around to see the result.

Two lines. Definitely two lines.

Taehyung lets out a shuddering breath. "I think I need to throw up again."